View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
RetroDee4Three
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 to be dual disk

Some thoughts on your post

1. You are posting this in the sliders section, why? This doesn't fit here. This is more related to your impressions of NBA 2K20.

2. The statement "the only people who enjoy this game are X" is incredibly inaccurate, and a major exaggeration. I am part of the NLSC and many people who just play offline are enjoying this game, many people here who just play offline here on OS are enjoying this game. And, many of these people are older than 13-21, I know some in their 30s and 40s who dont even touch online modes, or my career, etc.

3. Saying the gameplay is good, after saying that nobody says this game is good outside of online modes and age brackets makes absolutely no sense. Offline the content is vast, and if you DO like the gameplay and want to play the offline experience, or myteam instead of the park, you will be in heaven. While the content itself is not always well executed, NBA 2K20 has the most offline content in sports gaming history, between classic teams, all decade teams, WNBA, current teams, etc

I have several issues with the gameplay, and have voiced those concerns and sent feedback. But I have also sent over the positives as well, and made it known what I like about the game. I prefer the gameplay of 2K14 through 2K17 with the old motion system, with better footplanting and more control. I have provided that feedback every year since 2K18. I like certain aspects of the new motion system (which they tweaked again for 2K20), but overall I prefer 2K14 to 2K17.

I am not attacking you, either. I am trying to explain that the way you are presenting your thoughts doesn't make a lot of sense compared to reality, and contradictions exist in it. I agree that it would be great to have separate gameplay systems/mechanics for online and offline (not entirely different, but different in the sense that 5 on 5 offline sim experience isn't hurt by catering to online players), I also agree that caving to that crowd has hurt the offline experience gameplay wise.

But let's be realistic here, and try to present feedback in a way that makes sense and is helpful.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 09-26-2019 at 11:07 AM.