View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #40
Travolterjohn
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Patch 1.40 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
IMO if you play as everyone there is a major disadvantage. There is a slight delay when switching to players that causes you player to slow down, Its very hard to see but its there, trust me. I dont know what game mode you play on so hthat could be the issue.

So i hope this helps you out. I am strictly an OFFLINE Franchise player. That being said here are the most important things TO ME that make this game play as close as possible to real life. I say this because people have asked me what channel the game is on and i tell them its NHL20 on PS4 and they say wow i thought that was live.

OK. here goes

1. BOADCAST CAMERA - IMO the game plays differently on different cameras.

2. GM/FRANCHISE Mode -
3. POSITION LOCK ONLY - pick a position, Learn to play proper positional hockey. If you do your teammates will play there position IE AI teammates play better. Learn both sides of play DEFENSE and OFFENSE. Be in proper position and your AI team will reward you with some unreal passes and goals.

4. SLIDERS - This one is tricky. depends on what you read. Many say stock sliders are great, some say they are too wonky. Im in the 2nd party. STOCK sliders are made for playing arcade END-to-END hockey(EASHL). Total garbage IMO. EASHL is a DEKE fest without real hockey being played. MY suggestion is find a set of sliders and adjust them to your liking.

I read alot of these comments and far too many bashing this game have no idea how WRONG they are. Yes there are some issues that are unacceptable but not every game is perfect and there will always be some level of fixes that help. Your assesment of 20% of the sliders work is obviously 100% incorrect. Still hope this helps you out at least injoy this game a little bit.
Franchise offline with the perfect sliders which fits to your game playing abilities are the real and only game mode to play. Real NHL, AHL schedule, Players development .... from my opinion the gameplay is very good if you took the right adjustments. The horse shoe of this game are the graphic details like extra Jersey creating for Teams, many missing Player Bio Pics, Goalie masks or creation, less Player likenesses. What I would add to the gameplay are more cut scenes, more statistics during the game ( actual hot and cold streaks, Point streaks, Player infos )