Old 02-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #31280
DieHardYankee26
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Dogfighting is a cultural thing in the South. Vick’s friend actually learned the “nuances” of dog training, fighting and ultimately killing loser dogs from the older gentlemen in their state.

They said police would see people fighting dogs in the street and tell them to just knock it off. No one would get arrested as I don’t think it was considered a crime.

From the doc..it showed that Vick’s estate was being staked out by the police for things like drugs and they just kind of stumbled on the dog fighting.

He was going to get off but certain experts kept looking for a crime. The doc does a good job in showing how they were going to make an example out of Vick as the highest paid player in the league.

Race played a big role in the doc which is why I mentioned TOS.

I thought it was a must watch 30 for 30.

There’s a lot I can’t get into here, it’s not really important but all that was said about the guys who taught Purnell how to kill dogs was that they were old white dudes, not where they were from. The way the police react in that situation certainly speaks to something, but that’s a different issue. I think I probably just got inundated with all of this information because I live so close to Newport News, I didn’t get much new out of the doc.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up