View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
Fresh Tendrils
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Top 5 Podcasts That You Listen To.

I just finished getting caught up with Conan O'Brien's podcast, Conan Needs a Friend. It is hilarious, but also very insightful especially if the guest is a fellow comedian or writer as they tend to dive into the craft.

Since then I've been catching up on Questlove Supreme from Questlove and friends. It had been an iHeart Radio exclusive until December and all new episodes since then are widely available. Its not as structured or streamlined as Conan's, but its been very enjoyable and depending on the guest very insightful. The pod with Kurtis Blow is amazing. I'm currently on the Seth Rogen one and still have 7-8 to catch up on.

For any Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, or Star Wars fans I recommend Binge Mode. I've gone through all the Harry Potter pods and they are exceptionally well done - probably the best full scale analysis of the Harry Potter universe than any other single source. For HP they go through the books first with 2-4 chapters per pod. After the book is done they do a pod on the movie. Repeat. This features Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion of the Ringer.

I have a lot of music ones bookmarked for once I get caught up on Questlove: Striped: The Story of the White Stripes, Song Exploder, Music Student 101, and Hack Music Theory.