View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 05:20 AM   #28
SHADOW_UFCMMA
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What do you want most from UFC 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti1
better/smoother animations all around, better stand up (the improvements needed here are quite a good amount less than everything else), ground game needs a redesign, and fighter uniqueness needs tonssss of work. Oh, and last but definitely not least, no more input lag. Might be the most important thing.

I think the stand up would improve a lot just with better animations and hit detection. I also think the system itself is good conceptually, execution just needs clearing up in areas. The main issue is when it feels gamey imo. So certain situations always having a best answer. So if A happens, you need to block and throw a straight punch/left hook. Another example would be the body kick catch. It's very scripted-feeling and happens way too often relative to real life. The balancing of the body kick needs work in general. I think it was OP in ufc 2 so this was their solution and while the balancing has maybe improved... it's still bad. There are many solutions to it but not gonna go deep on that here. Defensive striking needs a lot of work too.

So yeah, imo pretty much every area of the gameplay could do with significant improvements currently. Suffice to say my expectations for UFC 4 are very low. I think that's the best way to avoid disappointment though. I think it'll be a few years before they make something resembling what I want.
Yup pretty much said everything. Right on. To add to that the damage system needs improvements and stamina issue.

Also don't keep your expectations low for ufc 4 because they are taking more time on it which can only mean one thing its getting better. Also this is most likely there finally so they are probably going all out. Lastly our guess (the fans on the forums) is ufc 4 will focus on the ground and clinch heavily. If this is the case i hope they renew everything like they did with striking in ufc 3 and also focus on the striking too because that still has lots of flaws.