Old 03-17-2020, 06:08 AM   #50
derekross
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
2 things.

1) I just noticed it's a 5 rounder! so if Donald wants to win, he should take him down for rounds 1 and 2 and drain Connor. Like you though I just don't think he will because of his personality - he doesn't want to win at all costs, he always wants to win his way and that is preferably to stand and bang. If he diminished a bloated, rusty Connor for 2-3 rounds he could win EASILY imo.

2) the betting odds which I rarely look at are HEAVILY favouring Connor. Everyone is expecting a 1st round KO/TKO for Connor and I can honestly see that too if Cowboy just rolls in like usual.

ex-factors for something different.
- if this is Cowboy's swan song, he will maybe want to win 'no matter what'
- if he wants to fight another 'superstar' he may also want to win 'no matter what'
-is cowboy capable of putting the ego or manliness aside to make that conscious decision or will he just try to win the Cerrone way?

That's what is making this fight more and more interesting to me - Donald is clearly the more versatile and talented all-around fighter - and 'we are all' assuming he will lose because of his strategy.

My own bias lets me imagine Cowboy can win his way though, just because Connor isn't as pressure as other pressure fighters in that he doesn't go with volume, his presure is position/footwork based. Very effective, but Donald is hard to counter because he stays upright and doesn't lunge in as much as other fighters. I don't think Donald will face a barage of shots just sort of coming at him uninvited.

Super hyped for this!
Mr. Cowboy had his face revamped !!!