View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 05:05 PM   #3
birthday_massacre
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Is the franchise sim broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
How does your team compare to the rest of the league? Is the issue possibly more related to progression/regression rather than the game sim engine? In other words, even though you have a team full of 80's and 90's rated players, what if every other team in the league has a similarly stacked roster?

Back in MLB 10-12, I remember poorly balanced progression. After a few years advancing in Franchise, either the league would be bloated with 80's and 90's rated pitchers, and not nearly as many highly rated position players (team ERA's in the 2's and team batting averages closer to the Mendoza line). Or the other way around, too many highly rated position players and not many highly rated pitchers (team ERA's would be in the 6.00 range, and team batting averages over .300).
Good idea, I will look into that next time I go on ps4. I still find it weird my top two pitchers are in the 90s and their era is in the mid 4s. Ok I just checked, yeah the main stats like K/9 and BB/9 were in the mid 80s and their fielding ability were high 90s so that is what was inflating their overall rating. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by birthday_massacre; 03-31-2020 at 05:19 PM.