Old 04-01-2020, 10:51 PM   #63
The Bimmer
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Where else would you be throwing the ball but to 2B if it's a single? I agree it shouldn't have been completely removed, but I was responding to the idea that saying the game is unplayable is an overreaction. It's not unplayable at all unless you don't know where the ball is supposed to go in particular situations.

Ball hit into the gap but cut off, you should be getting it in to second base quickly. You don't need to see the baserunner to know that.

That's exactly the point! In reality all we are losing is the fact that we know the base runner is trying to snag an extra base. Fundamentally, whether it's a relay or a straight throw to the base, this is predetermined by the outfield shift, depth,etc...

I want this indication back because if a batter hits a flare and decides to stretch it to double I can see that they are stretching it VS. I need this indication to know what is already known the ball goes to the second base not the cut off man. This same example can apply to several situations when we think about it! This game is impossibly unplayable because of this issue, IMO.