Home

Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

This is a discussion on Bassrunning interface Removed on patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #57
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bassrunning interface Removed on patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
They most definitely are looking into it....because it was implemented completely wrong. Tied it to the wrong toggle.

It is being looked at. Trust me.
It still shouldn’t be removed fir auto base running either people like me use that and overwrite the cpu with sending runners home or tagging now o can’t see at all where there at. Their trying to force me to use assist base running which I suck at
Old 04-01-2020, 09:58 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
It still shouldn’t be removed fir auto base running either people like me use that and overwrite the cpu with sending runners home or tagging now o can’t see at all where there at. Their trying to force me to use assist base running which I suck at
I'm in the same boat, I've always hated the running interface and LOVED it when they let you use AUTO but still override the CPU decisions. They definitely did this on purpose, it's in the patch notes. No idea why they would make this change and I hope they go back, otherwise I think I'm just going to jump back into COD Warzone. There is already an option to show baserunner windows, that should turn them 100% on or 100% off and the game should respect that setting. This is terrible, if I hit a ball into the corner, I want to know if the guy on first is trying to score or if I need to send/stop him... BLAM this crap
Old 04-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #59
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
We know where to go.....but there are times....and these are more often now that they fixed CPU base running aggression....when guys are stretching singles to doubles.....you don’t know now....you cannot see that. And if you assume it every time a ball is a maybe to stretch you can make an errant throw.....

Again there is no reason this should have been removed. Zero reason.
Where else would you be throwing the ball but to 2B if it's a single? I agree it shouldn't have been completely removed, but I was responding to the idea that saying the game is unplayable is an overreaction. It's not unplayable at all unless you don't know where the ball is supposed to go in particular situations.

Ball hit into the gap but cut off, you should be getting it in to second base quickly. You don't need to see the baserunner to know that.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-01-2020, 10:24 PM   #60
Rookie

tytyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
I'm in the same boat, I've always hated the running interface and LOVED it when they let you use AUTO but still override the CPU decisions. They definitely did this on purpose, it's in the patch notes. No idea why they would make this change and I hope they go back, otherwise I think I'm just going to jump back into COD Warzone. There is already an option to show baserunner windows, that should turn them 100% on or 100% off and the game should respect that setting. This is terrible, if I hit a ball into the corner, I want to know if the guy on first is trying to score or if I need to send/stop him... BLAM this crap
I know this is unlikely but since this seems to have been done intentionally and not by accident according to some, is it possible that they chose to do this becuase they were noticing that with the new throw home cutoff system has become easier to throw out runners at home and get perfect throws (possibly during online games) so they chose to pick something to do to " curb" the throw out at home rates..and removing this was a attempt to make this harder to acheive becuase u cant see where anyone is...instead of digging into the new "throw system/feature whatever they want to label it as, to just tweak that instead..maybe the online players (even offline)have been complaining and sending feedback that we didnt realize?
Old 04-01-2020, 10:38 PM   #61
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyboogie
I know this is unlikely but since this seems to have been done intentionally and not by accident according to some, is it possible that they chose to do this becuase they were noticing that with the new throw home cutoff system has become easier to throw out runners at home and get perfect throws (possibly during online games) so they chose to pick something to do to " curb" the throw out at home rates..and removing this was a attempt to make this harder to acheive becuase u cant see where anyone is...instead of digging into the new "throw system/feature whatever they want to label it as, to just tweak that instead..maybe the online players (even offline)have been complaining and sending feedback that we didnt realize?
We’re certainly going to find out. If it’s not reversed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #62
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Where else would you be throwing the ball but to 2B if it's a single? I agree it shouldn't have been completely removed, but I was responding to the idea that saying the game is unplayable is an overreaction. It's not unplayable at all unless you don't know where the ball is supposed to go in particular situations.

Ball hit into the gap but cut off, you should be getting it in to second base quickly. You don't need to see the baserunner to know that.
For the same reason I can’t use manual base running. Want to screw up an exciting game? Just watch me easily put 2 runners standing on 3rd base. Want to screw up an exciting game? Just watch me throw to the cutoff man when the new cpu aggressive base running decides to head into second. This is not about what you are capable of doing as a “gamer”, but what a ton of us aren’t.

It makes it unplayable.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:51 PM   #63
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

That's exactly the point! In reality all we are losing is the fact that we know the base runner is trying to snag an extra base. Fundamentally, whether it's a relay or a straight throw to the base, this is predetermined by the outfield shift, depth,etc...

I want this indication back because if a batter hits a flare and decides to stretch it to double I can see that they are stretching it VS. I need this indication to know what is already known the ball goes to the second base not the cut off man. This same example can apply to several situations when we think about it! This game is impossibly unplayable because of this issue, IMO.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:53 PM   #64
MVP

I noticed it today also in manage mode. Did they indicate what setting to use to get it back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »