Old 04-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
The EVHL
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Dude, the games has been out for six months. You are describing exactly what everyone here has been saying about.

EA didn’t steal your money. It was your mom handing allowance to someone not smart enough to do an ounce of research before you buy. Blame her.

Because I love NHL 20, but I could have told you you would hate the game. They made it for me and others with a similar want from our sports games.

Not sure why people that want a different game but it. Almost as weird as those that actually spend months discussing the game and why they don’t like.
Yeah, I mean I just don't understand people who are constantly wanting to talk about games they play and where improvements could be made to make the game more enjoyable to them. Those "crazy" people who think openly discussing things on an open forum is a better way to see change than silently sitting and doing nothing. Absolute lunatics, am I right!? Oh wait, would you look at that patch that came out? They're (in theory) addressing two huge AI complaints that people like me have been discussing and posting about non-stop on their forums for YEARS. It's almost like voicing our opinions for change actually resulted in change. Wow, that's just "crazy" am I right?

Now don't get me wrong, there's a ton of people who passionately hate the game yet buy it every year and make stupid posts that shows they didn't do an ounce of research, but you lumping them in with passionate fans who simply like to discuss where the game could improve is just a lazy argument. I know I like discussing this game with people because it gives some remote sense of hope that if enough people join the discussion, actual change will be made (again, look at the patch. That was because of awesome threads over on the forums with direct developer conversations). Plus, talking about this game with like-minded individuals can give you ideas on how to improve your experience, talk about mitigation techniques for well-known shortcomings, and it's just fun to dream about what this game could eventually be. I love hockey, I love playing video game hockey, so yeah, I'm going to continue discussing areas I believe need improvement to enhance my overall experience. I don't find it "weird" to discuss what I like and don't like. Most companies want feedback on their product. I think it's weird to take a game at face-value, go online and ignore tons of problems, and just chalk it up to being a video game. Especially when video games from 2003 did some things better, you know?

I think you've made it very clear here that you are perfectly content with default everything because you treat this like an arcade game. You're a lazy player who puts no effort into the game, and that's a perfectly valid approach to the game. You run div 8 6's with the boiis and have a good time. That doesn't mean you need to insult people who just like talking about video games in general at every chance you get. This is a forum. Discussions are meant to happen on forums. This has always been considered a "simhead" forum too, so yeah, you're going to have a community of people who discuss shortcomings in sports games as most sports games cater to the online, lazy player.

Just like you question why people "always talk about games they hate all day" I have to question why you hang around a notoriously "sim" forum all day, if you just want to join the HUTbros and talk about how perfect and awesome everything is lol. There's many forums and subreddits with people who share your opinions, why don't you go try talking shop with them? Seems like you'd have a similar experience there as us "sim" guys do here, you know?