Old 05-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #75
steeleye5
Rookie

steeleye5's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I would agree with your statement - especially in today's sports gaming climate - if VC didn't have a background in "attempting" to improve AI, offline play while also appeasing/focusing on MyTeam/MyCareer aspects in the NBA series. They also have a team that was clearly passionate and cared deeply about football video games (they were a developer for EA on Sega/Super Nintendo after all).

Has the basketball title made huge, fundamental jumps this generation? No, but these (current-gen) consoles were "underpowered" at launch and VC (rightly or wrongly) had to scale back the fedility of the game to "squeeze" out a very robust game on our current platforms.

Hopefully, they can strike a balance between improvements in AI, physics, gameplay and the "social" aspects of the game(s). Whether that is basketball, football, golf, pro wrestling or any dormant IP they may bring back.There some validity behind your words, brother, but unfortunately people will be skeptical until something is shown. Partly because this is an anonymous message board, they are confined to making a "non-sim" game & people (myself included) were genuinely let down by how APF 2K8 turned out. Also, a more arcade title could be their lead in with hopes that NFL will get away from exclusivity for "simulation" games.

Clearly, he won't be able to provide us with "insider info" but he could have been following the job postings, have a industry contact or something else that is informing his viewpoint. It understandable to be skeptical of his claims, but they are just as valid as people saying the game will just be "NFL Playgrounds," TBH.

It'll be interesting to see when we'll get our first glimpse of the game.

Now, this below quote from an article by gamesindustry.biz does dampen my hopes a bit. I'll remain slightly optimistic but realistically believing it'll be a "full-on" arcade title.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

I would have to agree with this in general. At the end of the day, we don't know what it is, but we do know that 2k getting a license to produce a game with NFL Teams and likenesses is the first step to succeeding.

Also at the end of the day, sports gaming appeals to a large casual market. 2k knows (or should know) if they can create a game that appeals to them, maybe the NFL will say "hey, we can take the license off of EA and add you guys as well". It's a foot in the door at this point, the game itself could be NFL Tour or NFL 2k5, and I suspect most everyone who heard this news probably thought the latter rather than the former. We can't know for sure what it'll be at this point until we see something concrete but getting a foot in the door is the first step of kicking the thing off its hinges, which we can only hope is what happens from here. We also gotta remember though, this game could be straight trash and 2k never touches an NFL game after this.
Advertisements - Register to remove