Old 05-14-2020, 11:09 PM   #78
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
I appreciate your response! And I'd definitely agree that the quality of the game is WAY below what it should be at this point in time. We've seen the game basically get rebuilt on the 360/PS3 generation and then never really take the serious strides they needed to. Then you gotta talk about the Frostbite engine and how that's effected the game, a engine that from everything we've found out isn't made for anything but Battlefield style of games.

So there's a lot that goes into all this. I wish Madden were better, I hope eventually 2k gets another shot to make a simulation style of football game because I think despite what they've done with the monetization side of their basketball games, they also take the time to seriously improve upon the offline modes. Which I personally think Madden has always done a poor job of from year to year.

Thank you for the civil response and not biting my head off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I agree.
I feel like Madden isn't bad, but should be in a way better state than it is in now. Madden never truly recovered from the 360/PS3 transition. I see that more of a EA problem than Madden. At that time most of their games rebuilt from ground up and Live and Madden never bounced back from it. Just like how EA made most of their games implement the Frostbite Engine. And honestly, Madden is in need of another overhauling in gameplay just to kill off legacy issues dating back 15 years.

Yeah NBA 2k definitely has it has flaws. That's the one game I bought yearly. I bought it this year knowing I had thoughts of skipping it this year, then ended up selling it when I sold my consoles. But to get the point, there is a reason why I bought it yearly even though I'm a bigger football fan and just a casual Bball fan. It does take care of offline modes. Association/MyLeague has had great depth the past decade. And MyCareer doesn't just feel like a Player-Lock. They took care of MyLeague the start of this gen. They really haven't added much to MyLeague the last couple years(Mainly just MLO, and MyGM) and you haven't heard many complaints about that because of how deep the mode already is. 2k can get away with things Madden can't just because they have depth in offline modes. If 2k had a bare bones ML, people would be more upset with the Neighborhood events/games. If Madden had MyLeague type depth in Franchise, people wouldn't have been as upset with Longshot, FoTF, and Superstar KO. You had ex-devs like Rex Dickson noticeably disappointed that they couldn't do what he wanted because they devoted majority of resources to Frostbite and Longshot instead of working on core gameplay and Franchise.

At the very least, hopefully 2k pushes Madden to step it up. Madden feels like a game that isn't bad, but obviously never felt the need to truly be innovative and have to bring "it" every year. Madden feels complacent. Madden feels more of the same every year. Small improvements, a few step backs, a couple back of box features, and no big changes to core gameplay or franchise. I can't remember the last Madden I bought. I want to want to buy it. But don't want to settle because it's the only sim licensed NFL game on market.