Old 06-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #87
J_Posse
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NFL Owners Agree to Extend EA's Exclusive Rights Through 2025 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Sucks that EA will still be exclusive, but 2K football isn't the answer like people say every time this topic comes up. I used to play NBA 2K regularly, while it's true that the franchise mode is incredibly deep and customizable, the gameplay has never really been good, and for the past few years has lost the fun factor it used to have.

I'd much, MUCH rather see the people who make Super Mega Baseball make a football game.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Clearly, you've never played the old NFL 2K series which is what people are/were basing their expectations on.

The gameplay from that series progressively improved from iteration to iteration. All-Pro Football 2K8, which was a spiritual successor to NFL 2K5, had good gameplay but was doomed because of shallow game modes, some "overpowered" legends and the customization was very restrictive.

The team that develops Super Mega Baseball likely wouldn't be the same team making a hypothetical football title.

Lastly, the idea that the NBA 2K series' gameplay "has never been good" is completely a subjective statement. I'll say no more than that to avoid an argument.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 06-08-2020 at 10:10 PM.