Old 06-16-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
kinsmen7
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After 200 games played, MLB '20 delivers another all-star performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I’ve been very conflicted with this years game. While playing I feel the game is better than it’s ever been. I haven’t seen many of the issues that others have complained about and am completely satisfied when I finish a game and turn off the PS4.

However I have been less inclined to play several games back to back this year. An hour at a time every other day seems to satisfy my itch this year. I’m feeling that franchise mode has gotten a bit stale. I assume it’s more me than the game though. Maybe I just need to take a year off and come back with a fresh outlook.

I used to dabble in DD to get a change from my franchise but I find the DD content to be very bland this year as well.

I’ll keep playing just not as often as previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

It's a great game. It's entertaining, there's a lot going on visually that is amazing, and IMO, it actually plays pretty well.

But yeah, I do feel less inclined to play multiple games in a row. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the stale franchise mode. Who knows.

Realistically though, I feel like (for me at least), it's kind of a similar feeling to a game series like Assassins Creed. I used to have a lot of fun playing them, but when you release the same "type" of game (Yes, there are some pretty incredible improvements every time) on a year to year basis, unless you have some massive upgrade, it's going to get stale. I still play them, but it's no longer a sprint to the finish.