View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #70
mtmetcalfe
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill St

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Best Case scenario is they probably didn't touch Franchise for current gen, but they did for next gen. I feel like it is something they would have promoted. They didn't even bring up the scenario engine. It can be assumed in the Face of the Franchise description that the different storylines has to do with scenario engine, but it is something that they didn't mention it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't touched on current gen. Hopefully they overhauled it for next gen though.

I would have liked for them to expand the Face of Franchise to some defensive positions as well. I always liked playing as a DB or a pass rusher. But, for what they are saying, I think it would have been better off allowing you to start as a RB or WR rather than switching when you get to college. Pretty much have to construct your player how you want him to be when you first start. So you have to be choose a scrambler and hope it translate over properly to a RB/WR. I always prefer to be a Power RB, so how's that going to work out since Madden's scramblers tend to be fast and elusive. i wonder how they are going to handle progression before NFL. They're almost has to be some type of progression especially if you choose to switch positions. I don't see them allowing you to be a pocket passer in HS and then choose to be a speed WR in college. I see at most 8 total games before you get to NFL(3-4 HS and 4 college) even that isn't enough to progress your player if you choose to switch position. But I don't always trust Madden when it comes to describing a mode. Madden can overhype a mode. I can see HS game be like they were in Longshot where you can play segments of games not whole games. Also they should have worded that college section differently. When I initially saw "Two seasons" i didn't even see College Playoffs. They should have said Two consecutive. College Football Playoffs. I still feel the story will be centered around you being a QB or mention you as a nickname the whole time
I also think best case scenario for franchise is getting new features on next gen. But I’d be shocked if they are willing to let people upgrade from last gen to next gen for free if there was additional work put into the game outside of porting it.

The problem I have with face of the franchises playing through college and high school is the fact it’s just a reskin. The game is going to play the exact same way as the pro game. There should be a massive difference between high school and NFL but we won’t see it so I find the whole thing to just be a “add hand towels” situation. EA adding different leagues does zero to changing the game outside of cosmetics.