View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #72
BlackBetty15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 21 Gridiron Notes - Face of the Franchise: Rise to Fame - New Skill St

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
While I enjoyed NCAA 14 since I bought it Sept, I do feel we have nostalgia for it and tend to overrate that game. I quickly realized when I started playing late last year, than I never played it when it came out. I realized that I preferred NCAA 13. With NCAA 14 they streamlined Recruiting and made it too simple. They took the challenge out of it, it was just dump X hours into a Player and schedule visits. While I enjoyed Presentation and Studio Updates, Pregame presentation is very repetitive. Stat tracking was still an issue. CPU Ball Carriers didn't perform special moves still, which made CPU WR/RBs useless, CPU playcalling was terrible and predictable, after a few seasons, most teams ran either Pro Style, Spread Option, or Air Raid. Felt like every scrambling Qb only made 1 read and scramble up the gut. Then you had teams that didn't adjust offense to players. You had those No Huddle Spread Option teams with 50 Speed And, that were still able to gash you because of AI logic. After a couple seasons, powerhouses were full of high 90 players. You couldn't select your coordinators. Wish they allowed you to edit Recruits. Too Many ATH QBs with high 90 speeds. Then you see too many Recuit WRs with 50-65 Catch or RB with below Average ball carrier moves.

While I would love to see a return of College Football games, it makes you think if you really want EA to make those games unless they all them more creative freedom
Oh its absolutely nostalgic! LOL Like 2K. People always want what they wont have. I am talking in terms of content. Recruiting, coach carousel, awards tracking, ect the CONTENT is all I want. NBA2k has some of the best franchise content I have seen in a sports game and I loved the NFL2k5 content. I just dont understand how haubamiller is on this staff and some of the content hasnt made its way in. This is what frustrates the majority of franchise players like myself. I have been wanting a carousel feature and actual fleshed out coaching creator for a while now, but we get this longshot/FoF stuff that in theory is cool but nothing for owner/GM/coaching.