View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #50
Devaster
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: #FixMaddenFranchise and Reaction to Face of Franchise Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The world has not changed, EA has. Businesses in and out of this industry still use their money makers to prop up their other products and services. EA makes more money than ever before thanks to MUT and Madden Mobile. Franchise isn't being ignored because it isn't financially viable for them to put resources into the mode. It's simply being ignored and there is nothing more to it.

I get where you are coming from, but I think you're speaking out of desperation for any updates right now. EA has the resources to continually update the mode. They do not need to put the updates behind a paywall. The world has not changed in that regard like you alluded to. 2k can is able to use their MyTeam money and continually update Franchise. The Show with its fraction of the resources Madden has sees franchise still receive more updates. All good companies will support their products, they will use their cash cows to finance keeping their other products afloat. If the world had changed then these other companies wouldn't be able to update their modes. If the world had changed then Unreal doesn't use their Fortnite money to make MegaScans free for all users. The world hasn't changed to the point where Franchise updates need to be DLC.

Not going to respond to all of this, but the world has changed. And changed significantly. Game genres come and go. Game modes come and go. E-Sports are incredibly popular and a real career now. Content creators are real careers as well.

Franchise is a core mode for many of us that have been playing for 15+ years, but that doesn't mean it would continue to be a core mode for the game developers to continue focusing on.

I'd gladly fork over extra money if it meant the only mode I play, franchise, received real attention and development during the yearly cycle.

I don't know how popular franchise mode really is though. I watch a few Youtubers that run franchises regularly every year and enjoy the content. But when it comes to popularity it would be the MUT and H2H e-athletes and content creators that generate the most traffic.