View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #3457
dsallupinyaarea
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
With all the regulations in healthcare and the government controlling medicare and state coverage, it is simple for politicians to influence what gets covered and at what levels. So there may not be any nefarious reason, but when you give more money for the same exact treatment if you say they have or are suspected covid then of-course you are going to get more people coded as that and inflate the numbers some.

Then you have other decisions like NY sending positive old people to nursing homes to die instead of treating them at the hospital. They then infect all the other people in the nursing home causing massive amounts of deaths that wouldn't have happened.

Then add in every crisis is political because each party wants credit for fixing things and wants to blame the other party for failures. Look at the border closing, it was racist before it happened and then 2 weeks after it happened everybody said it wasn't done soon enough and there was no action.

I appreciate the clarification and engagement. Not sure I buy it's happening at a scale that should meaningfully change our response to the virus but this makes a lot more sense than "THE MEDIA IS HYPING IT FOR CLICKS" and other accusations I've seen.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea