View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #8
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Gridiron Notes: Playbooks and AI Gameplay Updates

Everything read well and if implemented properly can completely change the offline experience. I wish I would have read that AI players now make an effort to stop the clock in late game situations like running out of bounds, throwing towards the sidelines more, etc.

What is in the blog is good, though. Hearing that the AI has the ability to max protect or just have a back or TE chip, help in protection is nice. Knowing the AI is supposed to audible now is a good sign. These kind of AI updates are what the offline experience has been needing for well over 10 years at this point and are the types of improvements that do not seem huge, but can make the game feel dynamic and organic every time you kickoff. If opponents in franchise mode finally feel different then that's a big step for the series despite the lack of franchise features added.

I really hope that EA continues to invest into the AI like this. It is desperately needed. A few cycles of this kind of improvement can lead to the AI behaving like a real person, audibling, adjusting, using actual football knowledge, and more. The past 10+, years we've delt with an AI that just picked plays at random with only a run pass ratio influence. We've delt with an AI that had no concept of making adjustments, audibling, etc. If these improvements are finally here and more are to come, Madden will take a step forward as a series.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.