Old 08-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #30
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K needs to stop asking casual Park players like Agent00 about gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
In terms of making the game more simulation? Sure. But the game especially in the last few years has grown to be truly massive, consistently selling over 10 million. Their strategy has clearly been working and then some on top of it.

I get the frustration though. As Da Czar also said, Sim players have benefited from the explosion in some ways. The added sales probably do help a lot in terms of continuing to expand the game further, even if it's not always the way that everyone can agree on.
I agree. For the last few years I gave been all for 2K making bank money off the online crowd, at least some of that trickles back to us "sim" and offline players. The more money they make, the more they can do provided they show the desire to appease us on some level. It's a simple concept to me; money = influence. It's that way in every industry. I dont see online players as a scourge. The Agent crowd spend their 60$ for the base game all the same as us. 2K blew up once those people came onboard so they deserve some influence.

I have even floated the idea of us offline players paying for things like playable G league or TNT presentation package or other offline centric components. Create a monetary voice for us. People snap about how 2K already makes enough and predatory practices and that it needs to be included in the 60$. I kind of get that but at the end of the day I'll pay to have what I want. I never subscribed to the notion that gamers are too dumb to know what's going on. People arent getting taken advantage of they buy what they want like anything else.

I buy WWE2K and pay the 5$ to unlock every wrestler because I just want to play with Attitude Era stars like Bret Hart, The Rock and Stone Cold. On 2K Playgrounds 2, paid the 10$ (I think) to unlock everything. When my son and I play, we just want to have fun. I'd gladly pay 30$ or 40$ to have NFL Head Coach layered onto Madden. Money talks.

For the sake of argument let's say that 500K of 2Ks player base are hardcore MyLeague players. We pay 10$ for the playable Gleague. That 5 million bucks. I know everything has a cost on the dev side as well but let's say that more than covers the time investment. I'd imagine we'd get more of a voice in shaping things.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app