View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I want to improve on the ground. Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
1. Do you flick the right stick or hold the denial direction?

Always flick the stick. Not sure if you play on a TV or monitor, but pc monitor helps a ton on the groud

2. How do you approach getting a grappling advantage? Do you watch the meter?

GA is built up from landing strikes, denying transitions, and when your opponent misses a denial if you fake a transition. Fakes are the best way to build GA because it doesn't go away if you get it from a fake. Strikes my 2nd favorite way, but the GA from that only lasts about 2 seconds.

3. What's the best way to get back to your feet when you don't want to be there?

Depends on which position you're in. Full Guard is the best position to get up from so you should plan on keeping the fight there. The UP transition from Half Guard bottom is sneaky too. But if you want to get up the easiest, try to be in full guard or sprawl.
I had no idea that you don't lose grappling advantage from fakes, never paid attention. Wow, that makes a ton of sense now that I think about how most of my fights go.

I used to play on a monitor for a while, but I went back to tv when I upgraded. I might consider flip flopping again because I definitely noticed an edge across all of the games I play.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 3a XL mediante Tapatalk