View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Old Madden Franchise Features: Are They as Good as We Remember?

Things that I wish were better in franchise mode today (and were not necessarily better back then):

1) Injury system - Why do we not have a dynamic injury system in both our football (Madden) and Baseball (The Show) games like NBA 2K at least has. Lingering injuries, ratings for all the different body parts for injuries, probable or doubtful scenarios, off ball injuries were outstanding on 19 and then totally nerfed down for 20. In any case why is injuries not really enhanced and focused on when it is a massive part of football, and having depth and good roster constriction.

2) Newspapers, radio show - Yep.....I loved that. What we have today is a convoluted mess. Even Madden 25 had a far better news story section and branching storylines for fictional draft classes. I feel completely disconnected from the league with today’s offerings. I have to do everything in my head to have storylines, scenarios (the scenario engine was an absolute joke on Madden 20).

3) Coaches, staff and yes a robust relocation suite as mentioned in the article.

Those three pop off the page for me in terms of franchise mode. They have made some other strides....practice squads, excellent lineup menus, formation subs, schemes, ratings spreads etc.

But Franchise mode needs some more life. And the presentation? Blech. It has gone completely backwards. After playing NCAA 14 and Madden 25......my god. What has happened.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-13-2020 at 09:31 PM.