View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #13
ojandpizza
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 75 Greatest NBA Players (NBA 75th season celebration?)

Cutting some guys off this list is so hard.. Numbering just to keep count, not to place them in order.

1.) Kobe Bryant
2.) Tim Duncan
3.) Kevin Garnett
4.) LeBron James
5.) Kevin Durant
6.) Steve Nash
7.) Jason Kidd
8.) Stephen Curry
9.) Chris Paul
10.) Dwyane Wade
11.) Dirk Nowitzki
12.) Dwight Howard
13.) Kawhi Leonard
14.) Paul Pierce
15.) Ray Allen
16.) Carmelo Anthony
17.) Tracy McGrady
18.) Pau Gasol
19.) Anthony Davis
20.) James Harden
21.) Klay Thompson
22.) Tony Parker
23.) Russell Westbrook
24.) Nikola Jokic
25.) Giannis Antetokounmpo

Narrow Missed- Manu Ginobili, Chris Webber, Shawn Marion, Reggie Miller, Chauncey Billups, Gary Payton, Allen Iverson, Jimmy Butler.

Only missed because of injuries- Grant Hill, Brandon Roy, Yao Ming, most likely Derrick Rose.

Hardest decision was to include Joker and Giannis. I let Giannis make the list for the way Shaq was voted on to the original list, realistically I think he still needs a couple more years of play to qualify for something like this but he's a two-time MVP.. For Joker I couldn't allow Giannis to qualify and not give the same to someone else if they were deserving. I feel like for two playoff runs now Joker has been a top 3-5 guy in post season play.

Grant Hill and Brandon Roy IMO were better than a chunk of guys listed, they just didn't do it for quite long enough. Yao could make a case himself. Hardest guy to leave off was Manu, I had him and Billups both on the list but removed them for Klay and Westbrook who were on my narrow misses list. Russ has his flaws, but despite those his talent level is in a tiny room of players, I couldn't leave him off.

Coaches:
1.) Pop
2.) Sloan
3.) Carlisle
4.) Brown
5.) Kerr