Old 10-25-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
NFL2k5 compared to Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrmay2113
When I first started playing NFL 2K5, I wasn't immediately hooked on it because I was used to Madden gameplay. I mostly played Madden from 2003 to 2008, and 2017 to 2020. More than Madden though, I stick with NCAA Football which I've always preferred to Madden anyways.

What sold me on 2K5 and got me hooked, was when I finally got my first tipped interception. I was so used to seeing interceptions only happen when you catch them. I tipped the pass, and then caught it afterwards. Blew my mind when it happened, because I had only ever played EA football games up to that point.

The more I played 2K5, the more I saw little animations that EA has never gotten right. The difference between quarterback passing animations is still night and day between 2K and EA. And not to mention the half time and post game shows that recap actual gameplay footage from the game if you're on Xbox. Ps2 is just screenshots, but it's still more effort than EA has ever put into half time and post game shows.

I'm playing with a 2021 roster file and I don't think I'll ever touch another Madden unless I feel nostalgic for 05-08 and 2012. I honestly can't blame EA for getting the exclusive license after 2K5 came out. Had I been a dev on Tiburon, I would have crapped my pants too.

Same, ps2 madden was my favorite and I was biased when 2k5 came out. My wife picked it up for me for $20 and I poo pooed the half time show screenshots as something that would get old quick. My 2nd game of 2k I had a play where a dlineman should’ve had a sack, but the throwing animation overruled it and it was completed for a 1st. One of those moments that will eventually happen in any game. Turned it off right then and there and when Madden 05 dropped 2k collected dust.

It took Maddens horrendous jump to the next gen for me to give 2k another shot and get APF2k8 and I was amazed at the gameplay. That inspired me to take another look at 2k5. In some ways I wish I wouldn’t have because it completely ruined Madden for me.

Now I mostly play other non football games and pine for a football game I pretty much ignored at its peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove