View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 07:29 AM   #7
Sportsfan28
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Scouting is a MAJOR part of this game and there are NO time saving shortcuts that will help you. NHL21 has 1 major broke thing. The goalies do NOT show up when assigning scouts. The fix currently is to VIEW the DRAFT CLASS then select the goalies you want to scout. I also turn OFF Auto Scout. I want to be hands on when scouting and telling my scouts who to look at specifically.

Once they patch this problem here is what i always do when starting a FRANCHISE. I will say that OWNER mode and FOW is OFF.

1. Dont FIRE you NHL/AHL scouts . Most of them are A+ in one or more Amateur leagues(OHL, QMJHL, WHL, USA) so use that to your advantage.

2. Scout SETUP - 20 MAX Scouts - 2- Russia, 1 or 2 SHL, 1 or 2 LIIGA, 2 Europe, 1 each for all 3 USA leagues, 3 OHL, 3WHL and 3 QMJHL.

So far in my Franchise the 1st and 2nd year scout pool is no good almost BAD. The highest ranked scout was a B-. so Hire him and fire your worst overall scout.

3. IMPORTANT - you really need to know both of your rosters(NHL/AHL) so you know what you need. You cant have a team full of non future NHLers in the AHL or in a few years your toast.

4. CHL scouting - Each league will have 3 scouts. Assign 1 scout to do Forwards and Defense, 1 scout to do Defense and goalies. The 3rd scout will do lower ranked players(150-200).

5. Here is the most important step at least for me. make sure you pay attention to your record and where you are starting FEB 1. This will help you scout the players where you are projected to finish. now once you hit FEB you have to make sure you identify players that may be later picks but are considered a steal.(compare SCOUT Ranking and National Ranking) if you see a guy that is ranked 85 but your scout say 60. Scout that guy until 100% to know if he is a real steal.

6. USE your DRAFT BOARD for your potential picks. APRIL MAY and JUNE you should have all scouts in a region scouting maybe 3 or 4 players. I usually know who my picks are going to be before the 2nd round of the playoffs or MID-May. This helps big time because it also help you determine if you can free up some space for Free Agents by trading a declining overpaid 3rd line player.

A few other tips to help -

I HATE picks above the 4th Round so I will always use 5th, 6th and 7th picks in trades. I will also at the draft trade 3 for 1. example: my 2021 5th,6th and 7th for a 2022 3rd or 4th from a team that is picking near the top. Most teams will do this to add the prospects.

The highest ranked player available is NOT always the BEST Available. look at stats for at least 10 players after your pick when its your turn. if a better player is available later trade down.

Take your time with scouting there is no quick easy route. I spend at least an HOUR real time every day in the prospect list.

Hope this helps!!

BigBadAss33

Great tips here!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports