View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2021 New York Knicks: Leon's Friends & Co.

It feels weird making this thread just before Thanksgiving but here we are, a month from the start of the 2020-21 season. The bubble came and went without us participating, unfortunately COVID has not been as cooperative.

Guards
Payton
DSJ
Frank
Burks
Quickley
Pinson
Harper
Evans

Wings
Barrett
Knox
Bullock
Brazdeikis

Bigs
Mitch
Toppin
Randle
Noel
Spellman

We are going to be very bad. That's a long list--I think I included everyone but I may have missed a guy--so we'll have to make a few cuts or trades or demotions. I think OKC will be the only team in contention with us for having the worst record in the league. Many of the other cellar-dwellers improved.

We are going to be poor in just about every area of the game besides maybe shot-blocking. Poor shooting, not enough playmakers, not enough defenders.

Does it bother fans that almost our entire roster either: played at Kentucky, was drafted by Walt Perrin in Utah, has some connection to Scott Perry at one of his previous stops?

I'm on record as not liking the Toppin pick. We'll see how that plays out.

It feels like we'll be asking the same questions for the fourth straight season: will Thibs and Leon focus on developing the younger players or do they give a bulk of the minutes to the stop-gap vets for three months as delusions of the postseason are floated publicly.

To begin the season the biggest change Thibs needs to make is Randle's role. Reel him in and define his role. Tell him he is not LeBron James. I hope we start Toppin to begin the season but I don't think it will happen. Payton will start but hopefully he'll only play 18-21 minutes. Barrett will join him in the backcourt and my guess is Bullock starts on the wing.

Other developments to watch:
  • How big of a leap will RJ make? He's still in a bad situation with minimal talent around him and minimal floor spacing. Minimal playmakers. We are not making it easy on this kid.
  • Will DSJ be given much of a chance? He was Mills' boy and Mills is finally, mercifully gone.
  • Will Thibs favor and get the most out of Frank? It's no secret Thibs likes guys who can defend but Frank is in Year 4 now, he has to show more on the offensive end.
  • Will Knox show any development under Thibs?
  • Will Mitch start shooting threes?
  • Will Toppin show any defensive potential and how well will he shoot NBA threes?
  • Can Iggy crack the rotation?
  • How much will Quickley play? He has to overcome Burks and Rivers. I think he'll get a fair amount of burn this season.

Go Knicks!

(whatever that may mean)

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove