View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
Levistick
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0
Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

It seems like this happens every other year or so. One year, the game is a reasonable difficulty, or even too easy, and I can actually build a team around jump shooting and 3pt. shooting, and use it as a viable strategy. The next year (this year being one of them), shooting is insanely difficult and the shot meter is woefully unforgiving.

I acknowledge that I am not the best 2K player, hence I play against the CPU in MyLeague and run on Superstar difficulty. I also use my favorite team, the Orlando Magic, and attempt to rebuild them, so I know I am not using the best team.

But with guys like Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Nikola Vucevic, or even an Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac, or Mo Bamba, I have some guys who can stretch the floor and shoot from beyond the arc. Most of those guys are 30%+ 3point shooters. But in NBA2K21? Less than 10%

I'm running plays designed to get them open and give them good looks, and in the last game I played, I went 2/22 from 3 point land.

I've gone into the freestyle practice mode to practice my 3 point shot, and in the freestyle mode I am hitting less than 10% of my 3 point shots.

That's absolutely ridiculous. There's absolutely no reason for that.

That doesn't even get into the insane catch up defense by the AI whenever I do make a move to get by them, and the way they shoot across the floor to get back in front of me. Or the running-in-mud fast breaks from my team, making a transition offense virtually impossible.

I don't mind losing. But the way the game is playing out this year isn't even fun. And I know that sliders are an option, but playing around for hours tweaking sliders is even less fun.

Ugh. Very frustrating year this year, and it's just getting started.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Advertisements - Register to remove