Old 11-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #20
allBthere
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I've heard quite a few people say it's better on next gen but honestly it's still way too hard IMO.

I am also just an average 2k player so I'm sure that's the biggest issue.

I love the idea of shot aiming but I finally had to realize it's not for me. I tried to get the hang of it on last gen and really stuck with it in part to justify purchasing 2k21, because shot aiming is essentially all they added new.

I then used it next gen for the first few days but after going 1 for 22 in the fourth quarter I retired it.

I use shot timing now with a clean screen and no meter and it's extremely fun and rewarding.
The aiming thing isn't working out the way it was said - I'm fine with it, but the arc thing is NOT early or late = high arc or flat, it's random imo. I practiced in drills and tried to LT the release early everytime and was getting a lot of rainbow's but also some ideal and flat's ... so idk.

But that's one thing I would miss moving to timing and clean screen (which I would rather in many ways) is sacrificing variety. Like do you get ideal arc all the time or is there variety there?

I had to remove aiming for layups because it is SUPER counter-intuitive to move the stick to match the aiming area depending on where you initated the movement in the first place like left/right/forward it's disorientating for anything other than 'down' like for shooting. I find it hard enough with shooting based on where my guy is on the floor let alone moving layups where you're thinking more about performing a certain move and watching hte player than looking at the HUD/gauge.

if there is a lot of arc variety in timing I might switch to that as the game is so nice to look at I'd rather focus on the player models than gauges anyway.