Old 11-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #79
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Preview by Brian Mazique

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchdidthis
It's a snapshot CB (Youtube/Reddit/OS/Niketalk/Twitter) Most all the comments are negative, yet most ALL of us purchase the game. Let's face it, that NFL Shield is a goldmine. We are stuck with this product because we are stuck with only one choice. Thus we have to make due with what we have. No not everyone is disappointed with the game, a vast majority are though.
How do you determine a vast majority though? Because the comments on these social media sites are all negative? How many people are we talking on these social media accounts? 75% (750,000 people out of 1,000,000 buyers?) of the entire consumer base for Madden?

And could it be that those who are enjoying the game don't comment on these sites because they don't want to deal with the negativity and unfortunately sometimes ridicule for liking Madden.

And I'll never understand the mindset that I don't like it but I have to purchase it because its the only game in town. At the end of the day, all that matters to EA brass/Shareholders is the bottom line. To me, paying for a product you don't like and will get very little enjoyment out of is like me paying my employer to go to work.

Sales = success/quality product. The market is telling them that Madden is a good product that sells and thus earns revenue for the business.

Until sales significantly decline, I wouldn't expect a substantial change in the business model. And I don't foresee sales declining significantly, because I simply don't believe the "vast majority" of those who purchase Madden are that disappointed with it, and only buy because its the only licensed NFL game in town.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals