StefJoeHalt
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M21: Link OOTB w/Franchise Patch Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
***Offline Only***Offline Only***Offline Only***

For those like me that prefer the OOTB (Out of the Box) version of gameplay, but want the Franchise Update by itself without the other updates that have altered the Gameplay and introduced other post issues, here’s the method.

* Xbox 1 = Can do this
* PS4 = Unknown, will update once verified by PS4 User
* Next-Gen Consoles = Unknown, as I do not possess either console, will update if verified

Needed:
- External Memory Drive with unpatched OOTB version of game
- Original launch day Digital download (current Digital download comes with the 1st Post-Release Update) or a Disk version download

Digital Purchase using a Disk Instructions:
(If you originally purchased the digital version, you can still play with a Disk version download w/out the disk, just need the disk downloaded)

1) Download Disk version to an external drive
2) Run Disk version up until Update prompt (***DO NOT Download Update), needs to be done one time to link game download to your Digital profile
3) Quit game and disconnect external drive
4) Run game from Internal Storage and download current Update
5) Create a dummy Franchise to store the Franchise Update to your Internal Storage (***DO NOT delete dummy Franchise, needed for Update)
6) Quit game and go Offline
7) Plug external drive and via Settings->Storage (to run correct non-updated version), run/load game in Offline
8) Create new Franchise and Franchise Patch only is applied

Original non-updated Digital Purchase:
1) Copy to external drive
2) Use instructions above for using a Disk

Some Notes:
1) You can use Internal Storage/Online version to download/save updated Rosters, Draft Classes etc..., then go back Offline
2) Any Mechanism and/or Gameplay patch/update that’s part of the Launch Update “will not†be included
3) ***Make sure your Auto Updates is turned off. í*½í¸‚

I went back and reread Updates 1 & 2 and realized none of those issues noted impacted me as an 100% Offline gamer.

To me, these initial post-launch Updates/Patches often force the Offline gamer down the same rabbit hole of unintended gameplay issues for Online gamers, when much of the update/patch is geared towards issues they’re experiencing and/or gameplay desires.

So for those that prefer the OOTB Gameplay, but want the Franchise Update only, this method provides it.

Khaliib your awesome..but I’m so lost lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621