View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #4
Von Dozier
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Curious, do you use coaching trees? I was thinking about using the Game Management tree, because I can upgrade all 3 slots of HFA with no real effect due to me having HFA off. This would allow me to get to the second tier with passing/running matchups and setup plays. It would also slow my recruiting improvement down. Looking at the OC/DC trees, I don't actually think it'd be cheesy to use those trees (aside from the physical and AWR boosts). CPU uses them and often blatantly shows that it knows exactly what I'm calling.
I do, as I allow myself to use the same systems the CPU does, although I usually keep the path to a single tree that fits my exact scheme (ie if I run mainly zone, I'll put my points there, and none into man), instead of going crazy and trying to unlock everything, which means being fine with leaving a bunch of accumulating points unused. And I avoid the obvious ones that seem a little cheesy for the coach tree, and also things like less injuries for the coordinators (because you want injuries to matter). I also like to feel the impact of a good built OC or DC leaving.

I put none into recruiting, because I don't like to know my recruits real ratings. I add recruits to my board just based on their initial ratings and projections, as I prefer a surprise and a penalty if I recruit poorly that year.

Re: Injuries, how are those working for you on offense? -25 for the HBs and WRs seem wild to me, as I've personally been using -15 for the RBs and -10 for the WRs for a long time now, and see a lot of injuries even on those.

Here's what I've been using for a few years now with injury edits

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)
(optional) OL: (-70) (around 15-20. 80=25, 70=15)

The OL is optional (personally I don't even edit them anymore) because there are no off the ball injuries anyway, and the only way they'd ever have a chance of being injured is if they recovered a fumble and got smacked hard, and even then I doubt you'd ever see it. I do like the change to only -25 for the DBs though, as they seem to get hurt just as much as my RBs/WRs do if they're at -40 with the rest of the D.