Old 12-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
young22
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I do, as I allow myself to use the same systems the CPU does, although I usually keep the path to a single tree that fits my exact scheme (ie if I run mainly zone, I'll put my points there, and none into man), instead of going crazy and trying to unlock everything, which means being fine with leaving a bunch of accumulating points unused. And I avoid the obvious ones that seem a little cheesy for the coach tree, and also things like less injuries for the coordinators (because you want injuries to matter). I also like to feel the impact of a good built OC or DC leaving.

I put none into recruiting, because I don't like to know my recruits real ratings. I add recruits to my board just based on their initial ratings and projections, as I prefer a surprise and a penalty if I recruit poorly that year.

Re: Injuries, how are those working for you on offense? -25 for the HBs and WRs seem wild to me, as I've personally been using -15 for the RBs and -10 for the WRs for a long time now, and see a lot of injuries even on those.

Here's what I've been using for a few years now with injury edits

Quarterbacks (-10)
HBs : (-15)
WRs: (-10)
TE/FB: (-20)
Defense: (-40)
(optional) OL: (-70) (around 15-20. 80=25, 70=15)

The OL is optional (personally I don't even edit them anymore) because there are no off the ball injuries anyway, and the only way they'd ever have a chance of being injured is if they recovered a fumble and got smacked hard, and even then I doubt you'd ever see it. I do like the change to only -25 for the DBs though, as they seem to get hurt just as much as my RBs/WRs do if they're at -40 with the rest of the D.
I've had a solid number of injuries. Lost my #1 corner for 2 weeks, #2 back for 4, have 3-4 temporary injuries every game, and I've actually lost two linemen to injuries, 2 weeks and 7 weeks. 4 games to go.

I tried QBA at 10 as per your suggestion, it's been borderline unplayable for me. Yes, lower rated CPU QBs are more decisive, but not so much more than on 5 in my experience. For the user, it's totally ridiculous - you're dialed in and do not miss, period. That combined with the way coverage plays makes for an environment where I could see myself completing 80% of my passes, with half those incompletions being INTs. What do you use as a slider set, and how are the completion percentages for you? Have one of two more things I can try to make QBA work at 10, but man you NEVER miss, nor does the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove