View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
Von Dozier
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

I suppose it all depends on playstyle. If all you call are easy 5 yard shots and checkdowns, slants and curls, then yes you'll rarely miss, the same way a real life QB would rarely miss those. Personally, my playstyle is about spreading the field and taking a ton of deepshots and 50/50 balls. I'm run heavy, and when I pass, it's rarely for less than 15 yards and on a well covered WR. It keeps me honest, and I rarely finish a game above 65%. In contrast to this, I have INTs set way down so there's more "bats" and incompletions instead of straight INTs, since INTs are rarely thrown in college anyway, usually only 1 every other game. I suppose this could be up to the player, whether you want more batted passes for realism, or more INTs simply to be challenged into more safe throws for completions.

Depending on the way you utilize a playbook, I suppose the 5 or 10 is up to the player as well, and not a hard set rule, (the same way slider sets from one year to the next get outdated until year 4 onwards in dynasty, because of the new recruits coming in and changing gameplay in contrast to the roster defaults.) 10 works perfectly for the way I pass, whereas 5 makes me feel like my playbook is heavily restricted to just a few types of passes if you want any sort of success.

You said yourself, your highly rated QB puts up ugly numbers on 5. So which is more realistic? Doing well with a high rated QB playing to its rating, or playing poorly with a high rated QB because the game locks you into a terrible accuracy threshold until you turn yellow?

It's been a minute since I've played as these are from September, but this was the latest set I was still tweaking here and there, so it's not fully finished, but close.

9-29-20
heisman
fatigue off
thresh 25
9 minutes
HFA off

offsides 99
false start 80
holding 80
facemask 55
OPI 99
DPI 50