View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #42
InsideZone77
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: auto generated draft is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
The draft classes in a vacuum are fun and cool. But as the years go by you start to see that there's not enough talent if you're just doing cpu generated classes. Say you sim 5-6 years ahead, you will be hard pressed to find any cpu generated players leading, or even top 10-20 in any stat categories. It's especially evident in running backs.. they're just not good enough and dont improve fast enough

In my online franchise w three other humans we are 5 years in and you have to scroll down about 25 running backs before you get to a generated player and even then they're averaging like 3.5 ypc.

Also in longer simulation tests you'll find all Team OVR Rating will decline sharply due to the cpu generated draft classes simply not being good enough
I completely agree. Every year in the NFL there are very solid UDFA RBs. It’s ridiculous that you have to draft a RB in the first two rounds just to get a decent one. So at RB and other positions I will go in and raise some of the ratings for CPU drafted players before their first season starts. This also helps erase the massive advantage you have drafting versus the CPU, as your hit rate in the game on your picks is just not grounded in reality. Look at the real life best drafting teams, the Ravens, Steelers, Saints etc.— They all still draft plenty of busts. One other alternative to this is to only scout the first two traits of a player to make it more real life in terms of being less of an exact science.
But as you stated, there is still an issue where overall the players just aren’t good enough. Every year in Madden the current crop of rookies on the EA roster end up being too good as the years go by compared to the cpu generated classes.