Old 03-18-2021, 06:32 AM   #22
Woad23
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Current Gen CPU/CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busforever
Hi, I'm currently using your sliders (as a base, I try some modifications in order to have less sacks... VERY hard task, especially if you don't have a mobile and very good QB I guess). I wanted to know if you notice too that the CPU nearly doesn't run? On my last game, I had Steelers-Broncos (year 2), and the play call was 51 pass / 7 runs for Pitt, 51 passes / 16 runs for Denver. I counted the (sight) 10 cumulated sacks as passes.

It's not an aberration: it looks like nearly every game is like that. Teams don't even try to install the running game or abandon it after two bad runs. Then it's always a pass, even on third and one. You have a run from time to time with zero dedication.

I don't understand why, especially when the roster is not built for a heavy passing game. For example, in my last Broncos-Steelers, Steelers had Big Ben with a 72 rating, TE Eric Ebron injured and the best WR was at 82. The Broncos had Drew Lock as a starting QB (74 rating). But they had Melvin Gordon at RB. How they don't ever try to establish the running game?

So I wanted to know if that's an issue in Madden 21 for CPU vs CPU games. Maybe it's not, maybe it's just because I follow the Steelers, and that's a particular thing linked to their offense (average O Line so CPU is not confident in running) and their defense (opponent fear their front seven).

Howdy! There have been many complaints by ps4 players about this issue. Circumstances (up by 20) nor players seem to matter.

From my own testing scheme and playbook of the coach seem to matter somewhat. But as I play online I can’t change every teams.

It can be frustrating like you mentioned when an xfactor back isn’t utilized, these sliders aren’t meant to address that issue (not even sure it can be addressed with sliders).

I just chalk it up to modern football, there were only 3 teams that ran more than passed and half were close to if not more than a 60/40 split in favor of the pass.

It would be nice though if you could occasionally see a grind it out team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports