View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #39
UFCBlackbelt
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Should I buy the game now?

On a serious note, I think my issue is how much better it feels to be a pressure boxer throughout this iteration over other forms of fighting. I don't really "Gameplan" anymore unless I'm playing someone at a lower division, I think the issue is pacing personally. The extent of my gameplanning probably has more to do with what I pick up during the fight, rather than "Oh he's using Cody, let me use Cruz and see how I can use my tools effectively.." If you're a pressure boxer you can generally shut down most wrestlers by just staying in their face as much as possible while holding down block. The main grapplers I end up struggling with are guys who try every exploit in the book to get a submission win.

As for kickboxers, they certainly can be ok but I still feel its more of an advantage to box.

So if you enjoy an MMA game that leans in favor of pressure boxing, this can work for you. However, if you're watching an MMA fight and value how fighters set things up, etc...

well that can be done it just wont look the same, since there are only a few MMA fighters who can box effectively. I certainly feel sim playing Petr Yan.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 03-24-2021 at 10:36 AM.