View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #28
ninertravel
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Players: A Question I have always been curious about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
Hopefully he meant that in jest. That's what I was assuming but I did a double-take when I saw that you said you played every pitch for every team and obviously for most of us that task would be near impossible, even in Madden in a 16-game season; but I think that stuff like this is just awesome. I wish I had the patience to play out a whole 162 game season but I always trail off somewhere and I hate it. The cool thing about The Show is that it allows the user to not have to start their season from scratch each year. Although that feature never does much for me because I am an absolute stickler for accurate and up-to-date rosters and ratings (I think I have sports game OCD).

Honestly, I would love to see your end of season statistics from this. It would be absolutely fascinating to see that much user-determined data across an entire league. I do something similar but I only play each game for my own team while I individually sim each game to mostly mimic real-life for all the other teams, it slows me down every year and is probably the culprit to why I've never made it to playing all of my regular season games.
Well in starting my (pretend 2021 season on 2020 schedule that never happened) I am where most teams have played 7 or 8 games right now. I started this in Feburary. I think once I get a month in it is better to post stats then.

I can tell you now lots of really good players are off to terrible starts DJ for yankees is 2 for 29!!! Juan Sotto and tatis are off to awful starts as well.

I love how that I have controlled every stat.. also if a big transaction happens in real life I will update it in my franchise (yeah you can call me even more crazy now too lol)

and Yes I used to play all the games with madden at one time too. that was much easier however I could play 3 or 4 madden games a day which meant I would finish one week of the season in 4 days back in the day. I stopped playing madden and gave up on it back in 2012 though. I used to just control the team offences and let the CPU do all the defense plays and swap controllers but I tried to play as though I wanted to win. back in PS2 days I had so much fun playing this way this is how it all started for me to play this way

see how I said I gave up with madden in 2012?? because that was the year 32 team control was taken out... then they kinda tried to bring it back since then it takes like a 1 hour to set up 32 team profiles and set up rosters the CPU messes up.