Old 04-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
ksuttonjr76
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K21 Patch Available For Next-Gen - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjrchris2
I don't think of NBA Live being a savior but more along the lines of having variety. A different basketball game to play. Maybe some type of competition because let's be honest. 2K is seriously stale and does not cater to anything outside of the park. There isn't any reason why the defense is so bad, sketchy A.I., Clunky player movement, washed out colors. This is not a next gen game but more of a glorified port over. To release a patch like this is a slap in the face being that this game is suffering from a gameplay standpoint. No amount of slider adjustments can fix this game. That comes from the developers. Having so many gameplay issues and drop this type of a patch is mind boggling. I get that the park and my team are the money makers but man show some love to the guys who play the actual NBA portion of the game. That's where variety comes in. Not necessarily Live but maybe another game developer can do that right. Who knows. But right now we're at the mercy of 2K and what they determine as important when it comes to fixing their game and dropping patches. I would have loved to see a patch addressing the pick and roll defense or lack thereof. Basic things like that shouldn't even be a talking point when it comes to gameplay. I know this post is long but it's extremely frustrating that this is being ignored in favor of cosmetics or non gameplay fixes.
Perhaps...but EA is still a business. They're not going to continue to produce a losing product just to give gamers "variety".