View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
tribefanisu2003
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: RTTS Forces Two Way Player?

I just can't get over how more and more deflated I'm getting as a long time fan of SDS and The Show. They had me as a yearly day one buyer for years now, ever since Y2Y saves were introduced. Every bit of impressions or news I'm seeing roll in about 21 has just made me so so glad I did not jump in this year.

Losing Y2Y saves was already my point of "well, no purchase from me until that's back." Then I had a week or so where I was feeling the urge to get it anyway, rationalizing it by saying "Well maybe I'll play RTTS on the PS5 version and continue my PS4 franchise playing 20 on the PS5." Now I see this and I'm just so glad I held out. I don't even play RTTS much traditionally, but it's just another step towards "hey everyone, play DD or else."

It's just so disheartening. Between all of these features us offline players have now lost (Y2Y, SOTS, being able to use multiple saves and characters in RTTS and not having it tied to online), and in particular, devs blocking users for just asking questions about these features being removed... I legitimately have trouble coming up with the words for the sentiment I now have towards a studio and series that, for years, set the standard for sports gaming.

I get that I'm an old dude who is not the key demo anymore for sports games, but my goodness. At least with Madden, even though it took a social media campaign to get the changes in, they made the effort after the backlash. I'm just hoping we can somehow see something similar with The Show.