View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #416
steelerfan
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

I received the newest card set (Supplement 1) from Glory Days Boxing yesterday and have added the new LW, WW, MW, LHW and HW fighters into the respective pools of fighters that can join the UBF in the future.

What I haven't decided is whether or not I'll do anything with the 80 fighters from the Junior divisions. The set includes 20 fighters each from the Junior Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Junior Middleweight and Cruiserweight divisions. Some of these fighters are duplicates of fighters that are eligible for existing weight classes in the UBF (ie CW Evander Holyfield) and some are even currently active in the UBF (ie JWW Ricky Hatton).

Obviously, with such a limited number of fighters per class, there aren't enough boxers to create full divisions so I'm not sure what to do with these fighters. I've thought about considering them amateurs and holding "UBF sponsored" tournaments for them. I've also considered adding them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights as "UBF Sponsored Amateur" fights being endorsed as showcases by the federation.

My gut is to either:

A) Not use them. No Need to clutter the UBF with somewhat pointless bouts.

or

B) Add them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights when that particular night does not have at least 5 scheduled bouts. They would be "showcases" of amateurs in that case.

There's no need for a kneejerk decision as I wouldn't add anything until January 2006 (when I'll be adding the Featherweight Division) so I have time to decide.

I just wanted to share my thoughts here about what I'm thinking to get your thoughts on it as well. Which option (including tournaments), if any, would interest you? Would you enjoy the "showcases"? Would a tournament of these fighters be a worthwhile endeavor? Would you prefer that I just stay focused on the 6 (soon to be 7 and eventually 8) divisions of the federation and not slow things down with sideshows? Do you have an idea that I have not mentioned?

Feel free to let me know your thoughts and thank you for following along and sharing any feedback!