View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 12:41 AM   #408
DarthRambo
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

So I have MLB 21 now and after a feeling out process playing some DD and RTTS I am digging into a franchise.

This franchise will be played like no other. I will not play with the same team all season. Every calender day I will randomly select a team to play with using random number generator, 1-30.

I love this for many many different reasons. But mainly because I LOVE just playing with everyone. I get to hit and pitch with everyone. So far just played fourth game and I am so immersed and just want to keep playing, excited to see which team I play with next.
I have all bullpens set up for 30 teams. I will let the AI set all lineups, and I will manage MLB injuries for all 30 teams. DH ON, extra runner rule OFF.

Playing this way is really a great way for me to be testing my sliders and also playing on dynamic difficulty with sensitivity slider maxed at 10. At the end of April I'll have a good idea where I need to lock it in at.

So far in the four games, they've all been with different teams. I think what I'll do is post the game summary photo of the game I play. I really don't know how to update this honestly.

First game I was the Royals vs the Rangers. I lost 1-0 sadly. I managed only 4 hits. Rangers only had 5 but got the opening day win on the road.

Second game I was the Padres hosting game two of a series vs the Diamondbacks. You Darvish went 5 innings giving up 4 hits and no runs. I won this one 6-0 shutout. Bumgarner was good early, but I got to him in the 6th.

Third game I was the Twins on the road against the Brewers. A pitchers duel between Berrios and Burnes. Brewers hold on late to win 3-2.

Game four I was the Cubs at home looking to avoid the sweep vs the Pirates. Yeah uh I got absolutely destroyed. Pirates bats went off. Photo of box score below. Pirates won 19-5 in a HR fest at Wrigley with 13mph winds blowing out from the 6th inning on.

In the beat down by the Pirates vs the shabby Cubs pitching I accomplished a feat by hitting THREE homeruns with Ian Happ. He was batting 7th in the lineup too so quite a feat!

Next game I will be the Giants (1-2) opening up a three game series @ Padres (4-0). Aaron Sanchez vs Joe Musgrove.

20210525_001953.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-25-2021 at 12:44 AM.