Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #401
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm7414206
Does anyone do fantasy draft franchise? Or does everyone just stick with irl rosters
I'm doing an Expansion team, I took the Oakland A's and took all the players off except the low a guys who were a b potential or below. I moved the team to Vegas and put all Free Agents on the team. For instance Yasiel Puig, Cole Hamels, Pedro Strop and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2021, 07:04 AM   #402
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingey1968
only pick the pirates if its going to be a long term save. Be prepared for 5 seasons or so of drafts to get the team good unless you want to abuse the trade logic.
I feel like you can go quicker if you realllllly push it. NL Central is garbage
Old 05-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #403
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Texas Rangers update (MOM) for the month of May.

Well we just finished up our 2nd month of the season and we sit at 31-33, 3rd place 6 games out of first. A surprisingly pretty good start for a team that is a rebuild. Starting pitching has been really pretty good and Joey Gallo is on an incredible HR pace. Here is a breakdown

1. Dunning and Arihara- Both have sub 4 ERA's
2. Gibson- About mid 4's
3. Folty struggled and was sent down for upcoming prospect Hans Crouse. Crouse was outstanding in his debut but struggled last game out
4. Yang- Guy has been really good. Got lit up a little last game but carries a sub 3 ERA

C- Trevino and Heim are Carrying their weight
1B- Lowe returns from a 2 month injury
2B- Solak needs to pick it up hitting 230
SS- IKF out for 2 weeks with injury/ Culberson is in for him and has struggled
3B- Tejeda- Doing Ok/ Holt was injured early in season and is still recovering
LF- Calhoun- Hitting only 215
CF- Tavaras- Great speed hitting 250
RF- Heart and Soul Joey G. 20 HRS already

Note: Adolis is up with the team but isn't performing like real life. Another update coming in July
Old 05-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #404
Rookie

Jayyoungjr's Arena

Cubs Wrap Up: 2020 Presented by Jay

4/26/21 - Cubs Take on Braves

The Cubs traveled to Atlanta to take on the Braves, the Cubs are in the midst of their longest consecutive game stretch of the young season. The Cubs have been able to play their starters due to frequent rest days but are 6 games into a stretch that will see them play 16 total before having another day off. The Cubs looked to rebound in the 1st game of the 4 game slate with the Braves; the immortal Charlie Morton was on the mound against Zach Davies. The Cubs got things going in the 2nd when Baez took Morton deep for a solo home run; the Cubs were able to expand on the lead in the 4th Duffy singled and Pederson drove him in on a double. The Braves would answer in the 5th when Freeman would drive in 1 run. The Cubs ultimately would pull away to earn the 5-1 victory. Davies was able to go 5 innings giving up 5 hits, a walk and 1 run with 2 K’s.
In Game 2 Trevor Williams started against Max Fried. The Cub were able to get 1 in the first on a Kris Bryant double that plated Happ. The Braves were able to chip away as Freeman homered in the 4th and Acuna doubled to drive in 2. The Cubs offense would falter as they would go on to lose 1-4.

Adbert Alzolay started to start and had a strong performance in a short stint. He would only go 4.1 as he found himself in trouble often but was able to spread out 6 hits and a walk and got timely outs including 6 K’s. Chafin was able to get out of Alzolay’s final jam when he came into the 5th inning with 2 on and 1 out. After getting Ozuna to swing and miss, the Cubs lefty walked Freeman intentionally to load the bases but got Acuna to strike out on a slider in the dirt. With the game tied 1-1 Eric Sogard was able to make the most of his rare start as he drove in 2 in the 6. The Cubs allowed just 2 hits the rest of the way as Alzolay, Chafin, Mills, Workman and Kimbrel combined for the 5 man shutout in the 3-0 win.

In the final game Kyle Hendricks would take on Symly. The professor didn’t have his best stuff and gave up a lead off home run to Albies, but was able to keep the damage to a minimum as he allowed 8 hits but just 1 run in 6 innings. The Cubs would tie it in the 5th when Duffy and Marinsick both singled and Hendricks would lay down the bunt to move the runners to 3rd and second which lead to a Ian Happ sarfice. Duffy would again come up big as he would hit his 2nd double of the day which would drive in 2. Duffy would continue his hot start as he went 3-4 in the 4-1 win. After the game the Cubs would make another roster move but this time would keep Alzolay in the show as they moved Shelby Miller to Iowa. Miller was able to pitch 2 solid innings in the final game of the series; Kyle Ryan will take his place to add depth in the pen. Ryan has been off to a hot start on the farm as he has pitched 8 innings of shutout ball in Des Moines for the Iowa Cubs.

Cubs Falter in Cincy

The Cubs (17-8) were on the move again with short rest as they traveled up 75 to Cincinnati to take on the Reds. The Reds sit in 3rd position in the central at 9-15 but looked to capitalize with a strong series to make the division a 3 team race. Arrieta would get the start as Michael Lorenzen would get the nod for an opener. Lorenzen would set the tone for the game as the Cubs could not find a rhythm while the Reds dominated Arrieta. Arrieta would give up 5 runs in 5 innings on 10 hits. Jake would get some frustration out as he hit the 7th home run of his career. That was only the bright spot for the Cubs as they were thrashed 11-2. Kyle Ryan struggled in the back end of the game and his time with the club would be short lived as he was sent down as Shelby Miller was recalled. Ian Hap also was removed in the 3rd inning as he experienced back cramps after pulling up lame on a pick off attempt. Happ will be out a few days but should avoid the IL.

The Reds could keep up their big bats as they would take Zach Davies deep in the 1st when Winker and Votto had a 2 run and solo home respectively. The Cubs would cut the deficit on a Jason Heyward double in the 6th but the bats continued to fall silent in the 1-2 loss.

The Cubs attempt to salvage the series would also come up short. The Cubs would get their only run in the first on a Javy Baez triple that dropped in right field and was misplayed. Trevor Williams was humming until the 5th when the Reds were able to tire out the reliever and come up with the big inning. The Reds would get the sweep after winning 3-1. Willson Contreras will be out a few days as he had to leave the game in the 8th after taking an errant fast ball to the shin. The Cubs will likely be out the catcher for their next series as they travel back to Wrigley to face the Dodgers but are hopeful he’ll be back after the rest day. The Cubs will have a tough task as they will face Price, Kershaw and Bauer - all of which sport ERAs under 2.5; not ideal for an offense missing 2 starters that has only averaged 2.1 runs over their last 7 games.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #405
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Note: Still playing '20 since I don't have a PS5...

Ever have one of those moments in your franchise where you just sit back after, have a drink and reflect on what could have been?

So...it's the second week of September, and my Jays have locked up a playoff spot, and should clinch the AL East within the next week. Super solid season all around. Injuries to my stars on offence were pretty regular through the summer, with Springer missing 2 months, Baby Vlad out for a month, and Bichette missing 10+ days 3 times, but the boys are healthy and rolling right now. The pitching staff? Very, very healthy and durable, especially in the rotation where I've only had to use 7 starters so far this season (With #6 and 7 combining for 5 starts).

So, fast forward to last night, where I'm playing what is basically a "mean nothing" game against Baltimore, with ace pitcher/top 3 in the Cy Young race, Hyun-Jin Ryu taking the bump. I've got it all planned out, and figure that I'll run him for 5 or so innings to keep him healthy/fresh going into the last 10 or so games, and likely skip a start if he can pick up win #20 on the year. He's 19-4, and has been the only rock on what has been an up and down year for the rotation.

1st inning-2 k's, 1 single...no sweat.
2nd inning-2 k's and a 2 out double. Again, no real sweat, it's the trash birds we're talking about.
3rd inning-Comebacker gets Ryu with 2 on and 2 out. Ends up knocking him out of the game. I've been consistent about not quitting games/am going to play 162, so I keep playing but was admittedly rattled. I fired veteran swingman Tyler Chatwood in, who promptly serves up a 1st pitch bomb. Game ends with me getting blown out 7-1.

So, with a bit of anxiety, I get back out to the calendar screen to find out the diagnosis, hoping that it's going to be on of those "He'll miss a week or so" injuries. Nope. Not even close. Devastatingly, Ryu will miss 2-3 months with a broken arm, ending any chance of him finishing the year

I knew the pitching injury situation was too good to be true, but when the road to even get to World Series will likely include having to get through teams like the Yankees, Rays, Twins and/or Angels, and then the Dodgers or Padres, my confidence has absolutely plummeted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #406
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals place Daniel Ponce de Leon on 60 Day IL

Once again, the Cardinals have placed another player on the IL.

This time is RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon. Ponce de Leon landed on the 60 day IL due to a shoulder injury. It's expected that he'll miss 6-8 weeks, if not more.

Ponce de Leon had been working out of the bullpen this year and was briefly sent to Memphis when returning from his first stay on the IL due to shoulder tightness. Ponce de Leon was 2-1 with a 3.25 ERA and was a reliable arm out of the bullpen.

The Cardinals will again scramble for options to fill the bullpen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #407
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Blue Jays trade Bo Bichette to Indians for James Karinchak and Oscar Mercado

In what can be considered the first significant trade of July, the Blue Jays have traded IF Bo Bichette to the Indians for RHP James Karinchak and OF Oscar Mercado.

The Indians have already acquired Andrew Miller from the Cardinals as they look to compete for the AL Central and more likely an AL Wildcard spot.

Bichette will no doubt fulfill a vacancy at the shortstop position the Indians have had since they traded Francisco Lindor in the offseason to the Mets. Bichette is hitting .284 with 5 homeruns and 32 RBI's this year.

The Blue Jays will get much needed bullpen help in Karinchak and depth in the outfield with Mercado. The Blue Jays are within striking distance of both the AL East and AL wildcard, but they continue to lose ground with each passing week as they now trail the Yankees by 8 games in the East and are 5 1/2 out of the wildcard.

Still, an interesting trade to say the least, but one the Indians have to be pretty excited over.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-25-2021, 12:41 AM   #408
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

So I have MLB 21 now and after a feeling out process playing some DD and RTTS I am digging into a franchise.

This franchise will be played like no other. I will not play with the same team all season. Every calender day I will randomly select a team to play with using random number generator, 1-30.

I love this for many many different reasons. But mainly because I LOVE just playing with everyone. I get to hit and pitch with everyone. So far just played fourth game and I am so immersed and just want to keep playing, excited to see which team I play with next.
I have all bullpens set up for 30 teams. I will let the AI set all lineups, and I will manage MLB injuries for all 30 teams. DH ON, extra runner rule OFF.

Playing this way is really a great way for me to be testing my sliders and also playing on dynamic difficulty with sensitivity slider maxed at 10. At the end of April I'll have a good idea where I need to lock it in at.

So far in the four games, they've all been with different teams. I think what I'll do is post the game summary photo of the game I play. I really don't know how to update this honestly.

First game I was the Royals vs the Rangers. I lost 1-0 sadly. I managed only 4 hits. Rangers only had 5 but got the opening day win on the road.

Second game I was the Padres hosting game two of a series vs the Diamondbacks. You Darvish went 5 innings giving up 4 hits and no runs. I won this one 6-0 shutout. Bumgarner was good early, but I got to him in the 6th.

Third game I was the Twins on the road against the Brewers. A pitchers duel between Berrios and Burnes. Brewers hold on late to win 3-2.

Game four I was the Cubs at home looking to avoid the sweep vs the Pirates. Yeah uh I got absolutely destroyed. Pirates bats went off. Photo of box score below. Pirates won 19-5 in a HR fest at Wrigley with 13mph winds blowing out from the 6th inning on.

In the beat down by the Pirates vs the shabby Cubs pitching I accomplished a feat by hitting THREE homeruns with Ian Happ. He was batting 7th in the lineup too so quite a feat!

Next game I will be the Giants (1-2) opening up a three game series @ Padres (4-0). Aaron Sanchez vs Joe Musgrove.

20210525_001953.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-25-2021 at 12:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »