Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Opening day was a fun one as the Nationals took on the Mets. Both pitchers were firing early. In the top of the 5th Nimmo put the Mets on the board with a line shot down the right field line into the bullpen. The Nationals in the bottom of the 7th were able to get 2 men on base and then Kyle Schwarber hit a 3 run shot to right center to take the lead! The bullpen came in and cleaned house to give the nats the opening day victory!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #322
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshharm
How does everyone get injuries in franchise? Do you use a second sim franchise or probabilities somehow? Or do u just not have injuries.
I set injuries to 6 and before playing the game I save my franchise, then simulate my game and note any injuries. Then I reload the save and play the game with injuries at zero.

After the game I turn injuries to manual for the cpu or my profile and manually create the injury before advancing to the next day. I use random number generator app to decide how many days injured from whatever injury it is.

If you wanna go a step further, look at box score after sim to see about when the injury occurred. If the SP only pitched 2.1ip then I pull him in game when I play it. If it is cpu team I switch controller over and do this. Something I do already to help cpu manage their bullpen.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #323
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

The Blue Jays finished their first series of 2021 with a sweep of the Yankees by a score of 3-2. Once again, a Yankees starting pitchers shutout the Jays through 7 innings. Domingo German came in and allowed 3 runs in the 8th.

Teoscar Hernandez drove in Bichette and then Rowdy Tellez collected his first hit in his first start of 2021 driving in two runs with a double off the wall.

Romano allowed a solo HR to Hicks in the bottom of the 8th while Merryweather allowed a solo shot to Gary Sanchez in the 9th, but managed to hold down his second save in as many nights.

Steven Matz pitched a gem shutting out the Yankees in 7 innings. So far the 3 starters have only allowed 4 runs in 18 innings. Let’s hope that trend continues.

Recap:
Game 1 - TOR 10, NYY 4
Game 2 - TOR 1, NYY 0
Game 3 - TOR 3, NYY 2

Next up Toronto will face Texas and we will see the season debuts of Robbie Ray and Nate Pearson. Ryu will finish out the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #324
MVP

Is it true that most games during franchise are day games? I’m only 10 games in and haven’t noticed that but it’s been reported a bunch…… anyone else that’s been through a season seeing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #325
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Is it true that most games during franchise are day games? I’m only 10 games in and haven’t noticed that but it’s been reported a bunch…… anyone else that’s been through a season seeing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Its only west coast teams and it looks as though it occurs after the All-Star break in viewing their schedules in my franchise.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #326
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals place Tyler O'Neill on IL

The Cardinals have placed OF Tyler O'Neill on the IL due to a broken foot. O'Neill is expected to miss 1 to 2 months with the injury.

O'Neill has struggled at the plate, but his defensive glove has kept him in the everyday lineup. O'Neill is only hitting .182 with 7 homeruns and 20 RBI's, but his ability in the outfield, and taking over center for injured Harrison Bader, kept him in the lineup as he bounced around between 6th and 8th.

The injury comes at a point where the Cards are activating Harrison Bader from IL and were going to send Dylan Carlson to Memphis, but that move has been put on hold for now.

Cards activate Harrison Bader and Daniel Ponce de Leon from IL

The Cardinals have activated OF Harrison Bader and RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon from the IL.

Bader returns after just playing a half inning on Opening Day before fracturing his wrist sliding back into 2nd base. Bader's is timed well as the Cards just placed Tyler O'Neill on the IL for an extended stay. Dylan Carlson was going to be optioned to Memphis when Bader was activated, but now will stay with the big league club as the team sorts their roster out.

Daniel Ponce de Leon returns after shoulder ailment put him on the shelf. De Leon has been a dependent arm out of the bullpen thus far, but he will for now be activated and sent to Memphis before returning to the big league club, due to Adam Wainwright being moved to the bullpen and Dakota Hudson taking his rotation spot. De Leon will start in Memphis and depending on his success, could be recalled to join the rotation for the Cards.

Arenado and Goldschmidt's lack of production has officially become a concern

Nolan Arenado and Paul Goldschmidt were acquired by the Cardinals to boost an offense that at times struggled to be productive. But thus far into 2021, their production, or lack thereof, is becoming a growing concern for Mike Shildt and the organization.

Nolan Arenado is hitting just .249 with 10 homeruns and 28 RBI's this year, and is only hitting .137 with runners in scoring position. Goldschmidt started out hot, but his extended slump has watched a .300+ average dip to .255 as of yesterday. Goldy does lead the time with 33 RBI's on the year.

Shildt has stated that a lineup shakeup could be forthcoming to see if anything can be done to get production back, or started. Paul DeJong and Matt Carpenter have been carry the load of run producers here of late and the lineup could be shaken up to reflect that to see if it helps spark the other big bats to pick up production.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-12-2021, 01:52 PM   #327
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Well the 2021 Texas Rangers Franchise is about to kick off. Just finished Spring Training and we hope we can develop some young talent and build for the future. Here is how we look coming out of Spring. (Playing MOM)

C- Trevino/Heim
1B- Lowe
2B- Solak
SS- IKF
3B- Culberson
LF- Davis
CF- Dahl
RF Gallo
DH Holt
Bench
Garcia
White
Tejeda

Pitching
1. Dunning
2. Arihara
3. Gibson
4. Folty
5. Yang

Will update after 1st Month of play
Old 05-12-2021, 02:24 PM   #328
Rookie

rab912's Arena

The Porland Black Racers start off the season at 4-3 splitting the series with San Diego and winning the Series against Colorado 2-1

Padres Series:
Bumgarner VS. Snell
Opening day against the Padres Bumgarner went 7 strong innings allowing only one run while Josh Reddick contributed 2 hits and Christian Walker had his first homerun of the season 4-1

Gallen VS. Darvish
Second game Darvish threw a complete game shut out while Jake Cronenworth provided the offense for the Padres 3-0

Weaver VS. Lamet
Game three saw the Padres walk it off in extras. Kole Calhoun had two Homeruns. 4-5

Kelly VS. Clevinger
Final game in the series Merrill Kelly goes the distance shutting out the Padres in the process 5-0.

Colorado Series:
Young VS. Freeland
Alex Young throws a great game but Blackmon gets to him in the 9th giving the Rockies a walk off win. 2-0

Bumgarner VS. Marquez
Bumgarner goes the distance shutting out the Rockies 1-0

Gallen VS. Gray
Gallen goes 7 and Eduardo Escobar has 2 Homeruns and the Black Racers win 11-2

Opening Home Series coming up agains the Reds and Athletics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab912
The 2021 season is about to begin and the Portland Black Racers are getting ready to compete. The Arizona Diamondbacks moved to Portland after ownership sold the team.

I will be playing at Crosley Field for my Home Stadium. The attached logo is the one I’ll be using with the color scheme being mainly Black with Blue and white.

I'll be playing the first game in every divisional game, also games against teams with winning records. Critical situations will be on and I'll be quick simming the majority of the games.

The Black Racers will be opening up against the Padres in San Diego and then moving onto Colorado. The team will open up in Portland against the Reds and A’s

Opening Day Lineup:
CF Tim Locastro
2B Ketel Marte
LF David Peralta
1B Christian Walker
3B Eduardo Escobar
RF Kole Calhoun
C Carson Kelly
SS Nick Ahmed
P Madison Bumgarner

Bench:
Andy Young