Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #1201
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Cardinals sign Ryne Stanek to a one year deal

Ryne Stanek, born in St.Louis, is returning home after the Cardinals and the 33 year old righty agreed to a one year $6.5M deal.

Stanek has spent the past few seasons in Houston and was a workhorse last year as the reliever was actually used as a starter 5 times last year. He pitched to the tune of a 4.01 ERA, but recorded 3 saves and 15 holds on the season.

Stanek becomes the latest addition to the bullpen as the Cardinals look to overhaul their relief arms in hopes of creating more depth should injuries or ineffectiveness occur.

Stanek was added to the 40 man roster which puts the Cardinals at 34 thus far.

Expect a few more arms to be added to the bullpen and the starting rotation as the off-season rolls on.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2021, 02:41 AM   #1202
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Yankees win 13-inning thriller to even World Series at 1-1

In all my years of playing this series, that had to be the greatest - and most frustrating - game I've ever played.

Clint Frazier hit a two-run homer in the top of the 13th - a shot that Cristian Pache nearly pulled back - to lift the Yankees to a 10-8 win over the Braves in Game 2 of the World Series.

We were down 8-3 with an out in the 8th. Ozzie Albies hit a sac fly (Frazier robbed him of a hit) to make it 8-4. And then Freddie Freeman hit his first homer of the postseason to cut it to 8-6. Aroldis Champman came in to shut the door, but Marcell Ozuna homered off him to knock it down to 8-7.

Bottom of the 9th with one out, Adam Duvall hit a pinch-hit homer off Chapman to tie it and send it to extra innings.

We really should have won it in the bottom of the 12th.

Johan Camargo walked and Ronald Acuna Jr. was hit by a pitch to start the inning. Ozzie Albies nearly ended it with a double down the first-base line, but Luke Voit knocked it down and made the out at first. Freeman was intentionally walked to load the bases with one out, but Pache struck out. Joc Pederson just pulled a 3-2 pitch or he would have had a walk-off grand slam. Two pitches later, he flew out to left-center.

Ozuna singled to lead off the 11th. Pache pinch ran and stole second as Pederson struck out. So we had the winning run on second with one out. Travis d'Arnaud was intentionally walked. Ehire Adrianza struck out and Dansby Swanson lined out.

We had 13 walks (Freddie had five of them). We used every player on our bench. Both teams used their entire bullpens.

Man, I really wish that Joc had walked it off with a slam. That would have been a beautiful way to end a classic game.

Game 3 is in New York. Ian Anderson gets the ball for the Braves with German Marquez going for the Yankees.
Old 12-31-2021, 04:58 PM   #1203
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Are you able to continue your franchise, CB?
Old 12-31-2021, 05:46 PM   #1204
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Are you able to continue your franchise, CB?

Yes

I’m not sure what happened but I loaded a save file from a couple days ago and everything is cool now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 12-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #1205
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes

I’m not sure what happened but I loaded a save file from a couple days ago and everything is cool now.

Phew! Glad you got it worked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2021, 06:50 PM   #1206
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Phew! Glad you got it worked out.

Me too

I was so bummed

Old 12-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #1207
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Braves retake World Series lead

We rebounded from the tough Game 2 loss to take Game 3 of the World Series, 9-3 at Yankee Stadium. We now lead the Yankees 2-1 in the series.

Marcell Ozuna had a three-run homer and Ozzie Albies added a two-run shot. The best sign though may have been the three doubles by Freddie Freeman. Hopefully that's a sign he's coming out of his postseason slump. We still need to get Ronald Acuna Jr. going. He's now 0-for-10 in the series.

Ian Anderson pitched six strong innings for the win. He did allow homers to Gleyber Torres and Gio Urshela. Chris Martin also seems over his early postseason struggles as he pitched two scoreless innings in relief.

Charlie Morton goes against James Tallion in Game 4.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:10 PM   #1208
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Braves one win away from World Series title

The Braves and Yankees were the top two home run hitting teams this season, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that Game 4 turned into a game of home run derby.

We won 14-6 and out-homered the Yankees 7-4 to take a commanding 3-1 series lead.

Marcell Ozuna and Travis d'Arnaud each hit two homers and Ozzie Albies hit a sixth-inning grand slam to open the game up. Luke Jackson got the win, allowing just a single in three innings of relief work.

Crazy stat that I don't think I've ever seen before: We had 14 runs on 9 hits and 5 walks. We didn't leave a single runner on base.

We'll turn to Mike Soroka to close it out. The Yankees are surprisingly going with Jordan Montgomery instead of Gerrit Cole. I've been starting Pache in center with Ozuna DHing during the games at Yankee Stadium. With a lefty starting, I may have to put Duvall in center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »