Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2021, 10:52 AM   #377
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

In my franchise my team does defensive shifts automatically. I know I can change it for each batter. My question is this.

Can I turn off automatic drfebsive shifts?

Also in MLB 20 one can hire and fire coaches. However, I have not found thatbpossibility in MLB 21. Does that still exist and if so where would I find it in MLB 21?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-19-2021, 11:07 AM   #378
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
In my franchise my team does defensive shifts automatically. I know I can change it for each batter. My question is this.

Can I turn off automatic drfebsive shifts?

Also in MLB 20 one can hire and fire coaches. However, I have not found thatbpossibility in MLB 21. Does that still exist and if so where would I find it in MLB 21?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Defensive shifts can be changed from Auto to Manual in the gameplay settings. And you can hire/fire coaches under "contracts" and then click "coaches".
Old 05-19-2021, 01:59 PM   #379
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

OVR: 0

The Oakland Athletics are moving to Las Vegas and being renamed to the Devils. The players on the team were released and signed to different clubs. For instance, Matt Chapman went to the Nationals, Matt Olson went to the Diamondbacks, and Sean Manea is with the Marlins. A couple minor leaguers stuck with the Devils; the major pieces were Robert Pauson and Tyler Soderstrom

The Devils will be playing their home games at Wagoman Stadium and will be opening up there against the Astros and Dodgers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overheadthree
Going to be starting my Franchise today and i'll be doing an Expansion draft with the Oakland A's Moving them to Las Vegas.

I'll be filling the team with all free agents and moving the players on the roster already to different teams. i'll only keep players in single A and Double A and no one that has a B potential or higher

i'll be playing the first game in every home division series and games against teams that have a winning record. all other games will be simmed and i'll be playing all Critical Situations as well and Quick counts will be on for all games.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #380
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

The Devils brought in two players in the Spring both game generated, CP Juan Alonso and 3B Tim Wendell. Juan Alonso is 22 with B Potential a game generated player. While Tim Wendell is 28 with B Potential has 80 contact verse Lefties brought him in to Platoon with Greg Garcia.

Quote:
The Oakland Athletics are moving to Las Vegas and being renamed to the Devils. The players on the team were released and signed to different clubs. For instance, Matt Chapman went to the Nationals, Matt Olson went to the Diamondbacks, and Sean Manea is with the Marlins. A couple minor leaguers stuck with the Devils; the major pieces were Robert Pauson and Tyler Soderstrom

The Devils will be playing their home games at Wagoman Stadium and will be opening up there against the Astros and Dodgers.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:37 PM   #381
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

Opening Day Lineup:
SS Darnell Sweeney
RF Yasiel Puig
DH Edwin Encarnacion
1B Logan Morrison/Jedd Gyorko
2B Jedd Gyorko/Jesmuel Valentin
LF Hyun Soo Kim/Adam Brett Walker II
C Matt Wieters/Tim Federowicz
3B Greg Garcia/Tim Wendell
CF Dalton Pompey
Bench:
Adam Brett Walker LF
Domingo Santana LF RF
Tim Wendell 3B 1B
Tim Federowicz C
Jesmuel Valentin 2B 3B 1B LF RF

Rotation:
Cole Hamels
Jeff Samardzija
Rick Porcello
Felix Hernandez
Tanner Roark
Bullpen
LRP Brad Peacock
MRP Jeremy Jeffress
MRP Oliver Perez
MRP Tyler Thornburg
MRP Ty Buttrey
SU Pedro Strop
CP David Robertson

Quote:
The Devils brought in two players in the Spring both game generated, CP Juan Alonso and 3B Tim Wendell. Juan Alonso is 22 with B Potential a game generated player. While Tim Wendell is 28 with B Potential has 80 contact verse Lefties brought him in to Platoon with Greg Garcia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2021, 09:28 AM   #382
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Opening Day Lineup:
SS Darnell Sweeney
RF Yasiel Puig
DH Edwin Encarnacion
1B Logan Morrison/Jedd Gyorko
2B Jedd Gyorko/Jesmuel Valentin
LF Hyun Soo Kim/Adam Brett Walker II
C Matt Wieters/Tim Federowicz
3B Greg Garcia/Tim Wendell
CF Dalton Pompey
Bench:
Adam Brett Walker LF
Domingo Santana LF RF
Tim Wendell 3B 1B
Tim Federowicz C
Jesmuel Valentin 2B 3B 1B LF RF

Rotation:
Cole Hamels
Jeff Samardzija
Rick Porcello
Felix Hernandez
Tanner Roark
Bullpen
LRP Brad Peacock
MRP Jeremy Jeffress
MRP Oliver Perez
MRP Tyler Thornburg
MRP Ty Buttrey
SU Pedro Strop
CP David Robertson
Love doing a home-made expansion draft! I did one last year where I did a dispersal draft 1st (Sent player out based on the regular amateur draft position), then used MLBTR's mock expansion draft list that they did last year (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mII/edit#gid=0).

I wish they'd do again this year. Enjoy!
Old 05-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #383
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

Quote:
Going to be starting my Franchise today and i'll be doing an Expansion draft with the Oakland A's Moving them to Las Vegas.

I'll be filling the team with all free agents and moving the players on the roster already to different teams. i'll only keep players in single A and Double A and no one that has a B potential or higher

i'll be playing the first game in every home division series and games against teams that have a winning record. all other games will be simmed and i'll be playing all Critical Situations as well and Quick counts will be on for all games.

Love this, doing the same thing, I plan on destroying the astros, cause cheaters haha and moving the team to Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #384
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Love doing a home-made expansion draft! I did one last year where I did a dispersal draft 1st (Sent player out based on the regular amateur draft position), then used MLBTR's mock expansion draft list that they did last year (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mII/edit#gid=0).

I wish they'd do again this year. Enjoy!

I used this as well last year, and combined it with using an expansion draft in OOTP

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »