View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 04:51 AM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 22 PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I think there is a much better chance 2K22 PC is the new code because I'm pretty sure the competitive/2K League platform is based on PC.
I just learned that 2K League literally just signed a deal with Playstation to make the PS5 the platform used for the 2K League, which is terrible news for PC NBA gamers hoping that 2K22 would be NG because up until now the competitive game was based on the PC and played on Alienware machines, and it seemed unlikely that the league wouldn't be using the NG game going forward.

Now the league is on PS5, there is no real reason they would port NG to PC. And given ~50M PC gamers in China play NBA 2K, I imagine whether it gets updated will be directly linked to whether they feel the Chinese PC gamer has the system req's for it, which is possibly impacted by the global GPU shortages. Although I really have no idea what the typical Chinese PC gamer has access to - maybe even better than average specs than other regions in today's world?

Looks like a new dark age for sports PC gamers again. This is despite MS today using building games for both PC and Xbox as a selling point for Windows 11.