Old 07-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #809
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2021 Western Conference Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm shocked no one brought this situation up...
https://twitter.com/SI_outofbounds/s...330213376?s=19
I heard some people talking about this and I thought they were just being overly dramatic but after actually seeing it, I came away with more questions than answers. Why was he staring at the man's thigh? Why so high? Why such a strong grip? Why any grip? Why dual-wielding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Man Reggie Jackson.... This dude cashed in our should I say he's about to cash in. I could imagine he still wants to win. Happy for him.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...831536137?s=19
I unfairly lumped him with Andre Drummond at times in Detroit. I fairly assessed him as someone who's not supposed to be a 1A top dog like Detroit wanted him to be, but that's not entirely his fault (he did seem to be angling for all of that since his tiff with Westbrook in OKC).

As one of the 12 people who's watched the Pistons for the past 10 years, Reggie in this series looked a lot like the Reggie I saw in 2016 when he average 19 & 6, frequently showed out in the clutch, and was actually a part of one of the few Pistons playoff teams in recent history.

Like most former Pistons, however, I don't think it's a coincidence that he flourishes even further when he finds a supporting role that better fits him. I was super indifferent toward his success in LA but I've turned a corner a bit. Still probably not a Reggie fan, but his post-game presser was one of the realest things I've seen from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
PG always has an excuse. If only Leonard played we would have won he said. It’s always what if with him. He might be right but the Suns played the first two games without Chris Paul and won. That was the Clips chance and they blew it. PG is a great player but you can’t be a team’s best player and only take 15 shots in a do or die game. Even if D is focused on you you have to find a way. He just seemed passive in this game unlike previous game where he was super aggressive.
Not a Paul George fan by any means but sometimes excuses are actually reasons. Losing Kawhi is a huge deal. Did LA still opportunities without him? Yep. But it's still a huge deal.

And the Suns wanted it badly last night. Paul George's performance felt less like him dropping the ball (figuratively) and more like Phoenix asserting their will. They looked like a team who knew a dude (George) had just lit them up with a legendary performance and made all the adjustments to make sure it didn't happen again. And you know what makes those types of adjustments easier? Not having to worry about Kawhi Leonard.