View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
Cowboyfan_19
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Will 2k22 finally bring respect back to the post game?

2k has been HEAVILY geared towards slashers & quick guards & forwards with an absurd amount of finishing animations in their favor. I would hope that showcasing Kareem & Dirk in 2k22 that they would at least reward players that have an overwhelming advantage in the low post, whether it come via mismatch or up & under, ball fake, etc.

If we are gonna create all these artificial speed & finishing animations for slashers, we need to show some love to post players too. Is basketball played like that anymore? Absolutely not & i fully understand & embrace that. But why are we gonna have a 96 ovr Karl Malone that plays like a 74 ovr player missing easy standing layups, just because a stupid game mechanic claims a shot is "70% contested"?

I shouldnt have to use 98 ovr 2005 Tim Duncan as a mid range court spacer because he's a liability in 1 v 1 post situations against another big. Robert Horry @ C with the 5 out offense is more lethal than a 4 out 1 in with Duncan in the post, and that should never happen

What do yall think? I remember there was a recent 2k that actually did a decent job making sure you got rewarded for playing good post O without you bricking cause a defender breathed on you, think it may have been 2k19.
Advertisements - Register to remove