m29a
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
Looks like 2K22 on PC won't be the new version

Going by the very early information so far found here:

https://nba.2k.com/faq/

"Q: What platforms will I be able to purchase NBA 2K22 on?"

"A: NBA 2K22 will be available on current generation consoles: PlayStation®5 / Xbox Series X|S and previous generation consoles: PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, Steam for PC."

"Q: Are there any plans to bring the next generation of NBA 2K titles to PC and Switch in the future?"

"A: This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future. For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K22 was optimized for the new consoles (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S), while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms."

I was hopeful (considering 2K15 got the upgrade last time), but this isn't completely surprising.

I think a key part that isn't mentioned may also be just that a large majority of PC players do not have adequate hardware (especially a solid state drive).

Not completely related but there was a recent IGN article on FIFA 22 PC version not being the new version either (along with Madden 22), and it included this tidbit that I missed last year apparently:

"When we looked at what generation to put the PC game on, we looked at our fans and what capabilities they had with the hardware they have," executive producer Aaron McHardy told Eurogamer in late 2020. "And we have that information to understand what the power of the PCs out there in the world are. And when we looked at that, in order to run the [next-generation version of FIFA], our min spec would have been at a spot that would have left a lot of people out in the cold not being able to play the game.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/fifa-22...t-gen-features

Anyways, maybe next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove