View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #8157
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: College Football Off Topic

I remember a few years ago when football money destroyed Big East basketball. I watched the 30 for 30 Requiem for the Big East and it crazy how much history was wiped out for money. Now the money is doing the same thing with football. I'm a die hard SEC UGA guy. I dont really have an opinion about Texas/OU joining the conference. It's kind of like when Mizzou and A&M joined years ago for me. I'm just intrigued by the fallout.

I never cared much about the "amateurism" argument against players getting paid for NIL. I do think though that something is lost when the regional rivalries die. As a Georgia fan games against Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and Audurn are cookout Saturday's. Theres nothing better. Records dont matter. It's just great SEC Football for us. I just hope we dont move too far away from what makes college football college football. For me it's the regional games and history. I'm all for advancing and progress but I hope we dont swing too far away. College Football without the rivalries and pageantry is just minor league CFL football.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app